cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Change recepient display name

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Change recepient display name

My husband's name is connected with his email address in both the clasic and updated version of Yahoo mail. I love the accessibility of the newer version than the older, but when I compose an email to him, Yahoo recognizes his email address as my own. It displays my name and initials rather than his. I've changed the information in the contacts setting, it's correct in the classic version. But when I switch back to the updated Yahoo mail, it's still MY information that is displayed and not his. Is there any way I can change this information to show his name when I compose an email to him and now my own??? I've gone through all of my settings and when I click his email address, Yahoo STILL gives me the message "This is you".

No, it is not. I don't know why or how Yahoo came to the conclusion that I wanted my name displayed when writing him an email, but it is very frustrating and confusing as I already have multiple yahoo accounts. I'd like to make it easy to send him an email rather than filtering through each of my actual accounts that display my initials.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Change recepient display name

@danyelle

Yahoo uses a combination of the address book and contact cards. Contact cards get info from the address book, email, and Linkedin. They do not usually update unless it is done manually or you delete it. Then it regains the info. Everyone has their own set. A problem can occur if there are 2 names using a single email address.

Changes and deletions can only be made in Classic mail. Enter the name and when the contact card pops up click the 3 dots.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Change recepient display name

@danyelle

Yahoo uses a combination of the address book and contact cards. Contact cards get info from the address book, email, and Linkedin. They do not usually update unless it is done manually or you delete it. Then it regains the info. Everyone has their own set. A problem can occur if there are 2 names using a single email address.

Changes and deletions can only be made in Classic mail. Enter the name and when the contact card pops up click the 3 dots.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.