cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Auto-fill error with saved contacts

SOLVED
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Auto-fill error with saved contacts

@BigStevie1973

All set! Reload your mailbox and check again.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

@Scootermobile wrote:

@BigStevie1973

All set! Reload your mailbox and check again.

That has worked a treat, thank you very much. Now for the final request to save my sanity: is there any chance of changing the setting back so that I am not logged out everytime I close my email? I know it is supposedly for security reasons but it is REALLY annoying and I have my log in and password saved anyway, so anyone could easily log in if they had access to my machine (which they wouldn't). I hate the fact that I have to log back in 20 times a day. Thanks again.

Steve

Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

@BigStevie1973 wrote:

Now for the final request to save my sanity: is there any chance of changing the setting back so that I am not logged out everytime I close my email? I know it is supposedly for security reasons but it is REALLY annoying and I have my log in and password saved anyway, so anyone could easily log in if they had access to my machine (which they wouldn't). I hate the fact that I have to log back in 20 times a day. Thanks again.

Steve

@BigStevie1973

Yahoo always keeps you signed in. You are only asked to sign in again with some account settings. If the Yahoo cookie is deleted you will be signed out. Check any security programs you have that may be doing it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is Tuesday, January 8, 2019 and the time is 7:58 am PST.
In 23 days (January 31. 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@BigStevie1973

It may be a setting within your web browser. Make sure you check your settings and see if cookies are being cleared on exit or anything.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

@Scootermobile wrote:

@BigStevie1973

It may be a setting within your web browser. Make sure you check your settings and see if cookies are being cleared on exit or anything.

Sorry,

I've just realised that this is something specific to BTYahoo in UK. But worth a shot anyway.

Thanks,

Steve