cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Attachments downloading as untitled file

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Attachments downloading as untitled file

I am experiencing the following problem (2 friends and a family member are also experiencing the problem), attachments from certain contacts are named correctly in email but when downloading they are saved as untitled.file.

When I change the downloaded file extension to the extension I know the attachment should be ie .pdf, the file works perfectly.

Strangest is that if I forward that exact same message to myself with the attachment included, I can download the file perfectly from my sent folder. File name, everything.

Anyone know of a solution?- this problem occurs on different computers, different browsers, but not to all attachments - it seems to be from all contacts that either have a confidentiality clause or send protected files.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Attachments downloading as untitled file

This is a current known issue with some accounts. Our engineers are working to resolve it for all those affected. We do not yet have an ETA on the solution. We will provide an update when one is available.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
Official 'Hoo Staff

Hello,

This is a known issue, which our engineering team is working to correct. We do not have an ETR at this time. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
97 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Hi there I am having the same problem .... it so fustrating !

Used used different PCs and broswers.

Official 'Hoo Staff

Hello,

@teobosman - Testing the account I see that attachment are now formatted properly. Please test your account once more and let us know if the problem should continue. 

@Jared - Your account was a bit out of sync which may have been causing this issue for you. I have corrected this and everything is working properly as well. 

Thanks! 

If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

I am having the same problem.  I just got done talking with Adobe and they told me it was my email account not recognizing the default program.......  How do you fix this?  I have been doing the same thing for over a year with no issues until about a month ago Smiley Sad

Official 'Hoo Staff

@reneewright,

Testing the account I see that attachments are downloading with the proper format. Does this occur while using other browsers? 

New 'Hoo

My account currently experiences the same issues when receiving emails from one of my suppliers. The file type appears as a PDF, but when downloading the file it reverts to Untilted with no associated program to open the file. If I forward these messages to another email client the files download and open as PDF properly.

'Hoo Recruit

I have de same problem all atachments download as UNTITLE

Pro 'Hoo

Hi, @Jim_Jam

No there are still emails from certain contacts that download as untitled.file. As I mentioned in my original post, this only happens to a few contacts, but it happens on multiple pcs, different browsers and even to friends with yahoo accounts as well.

As I also mentioned, when I forward these emails directly to myself they open perfectly. Is it possible that a part of the yahoo security scan picks up on their confidentiality clauses and block these attachements from downloading? Because once I forward the mail to myself the confidentiality clauses are no longer part of the new message and I am able to download correctly? 

New 'Hoo

we have the same problem with e-mail **Username Removed**@yahoo.com

'Hoo Recruit

Having the same issue here.    When receiving a pdf file, the attachment icon for the file shows the file with a file name and .pdf extension, but when trying to open the file the pop up window shows it as untitled and needs direction for which program to use to open the file.   After going through the motions of selecting the program to open the file with it works for the time being but the check box for "do this automatically for this type of file" is not selectable.  Having to choose adobe manually for opening pdf files for each one received.   Forwarding the email to a different email will place the exact same file on the same thread.   The received one won't open up without excess process, but the same file on the sent side of the thread opens with no issue.