cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Addressing Group e-mails

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Addressing Group e-mails

I have assembled a sub group in my contacts for an Alumni Association from a group at college.  There are 207 e-mail addresses on the list.  I tried to compose and send my first e-mail but the feature allowing my sub group address list would only transfer 100 of the addresses to the header of the e-mail.  Does Yahoo limit the number of e-mail addresses you can send an e-mail to?  Am I doing something wrong?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Addressing Group e-mails

@dhilt1954

Yes, you may be limited to sending 100 addresses at a time. However, if you're going to regularly send emails to large groups, I would recommend using Yahoo Groups, as using Yahoo Mail in this way may cause the account to be flagged for suspicious activity.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
3 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @dhilt1954

Would this be a free Yahoo account, a Yahoo Mail Pro account, or a Yahoo Small Business account?  Both the free Yahoo account and the Yahoo Mail Pro accounts are meant for personal use only.  Using them as the email address for clubs can result in them being disabled or deactivated without notice.

Doing the following can cause an account to be suspended:
    •Sending a lot of emails in a short time.
    •Sending duplicate info in your email repeatedly.
    •Sending 1 or more emails to a large number of recipients.
    •Use a free Yahoo account for business purposes.

If you need to send/receive emails from that large a group you could create a Yahoo Group and have all the members of your Alumini Association join the group so that an email sent to the group email address is relayed to all members.  You could also create a Yahoo Small Business account for use by your Alumni Association or use a bulk mail service like Constant Contact.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Official 'Hoo Staff

@dhilt1954

Yes, you may be limited to sending 100 addresses at a time. However, if you're going to regularly send emails to large groups, I would recommend using Yahoo Groups, as using Yahoo Mail in this way may cause the account to be flagged for suspicious activity.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

I didn't know there was such a thing as Yahoo Groups.  I will explore that option, see If I can get the sdresses I've entered to work there.   Thank you!!  We are pretty harmless, bunch of old fraternity brothers from the 70's.  :-)  We probably could have been considered "suspicious" at one time, but not any longer.  Thanks again.