cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

550 5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy.

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

550 5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy.

All my outgoing Yahoo.com emails sent from my iMac via the Apple Mail client have suddenly started being returned with the message below.  No changes have been made to my account settings.  Emails set from from my iPhone or iPad are not affected.  Why would ONLY emails sent from an iMac suddenly be rejected?

Reason: Permanent Error
Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-ch2-12v.sys.comcast.net [69.252.***.**]
Received-From-MTA: dns; -ch2-18v.sys.comcast.netresomta [69.252.***.***]
Arrival-Date: WeTESTEST:57 +0000
Final-recipient: rfc822; ***gmail address removed***
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's
Last-attempt-Date: WeTESTEST:57 +0000
dns; resomta-ch2-18v.sys.comcast.net

Arrival-Date: WeTESTEST:57 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822;  ***gmail address removed***
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's

Last-attempt-Date: WeTESTEST:57 +0000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: 550 5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy.

@tomfalck

Typically, DMARC errors mean the receiving server couldn't verify whether or not an email was sent from who it claimed. Double-check your SMTP settings in MacMail to make sure they are the following:

• smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • port 465
  • SSL enabled
  • using authentication
Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
2 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: 550 5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy.

@tomfalck

Typically, DMARC errors mean the receiving server couldn't verify whether or not an email was sent from who it claimed. Double-check your SMTP settings in MacMail to make sure they are the following:

• smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • port 465
  • SSL enabled
  • using authentication
Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
New 'Hoo

Is port 465 the correct one for yahoo.ca accounts as well?  I've had mine set at 993 the entire time I've been using this email address while I've had this internet provider.  That is also the same port I have been using for another email address that I use Mac Mail for.  It has worked up until today, and I got the same error message for three different emails (550-5.7.1)

I can't verify the smtp.mail.yahoo.com thing either.  When I'm in Account Information, it says the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) is Yahoo, and the box is checked that says Use only this server.  When I'm in the Advanced part of the Account settings, the little window for IMAP Path Prefix is blank.  And it says Authentication is Password.