cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel
Announcements
Some draft emails are missing from the Drafts folder. We're working to fix this as soon as possible. Learn more

mail.yahoo.com completely down

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

mail.yahoo.com completely down

After it spins 3-4 minutes I get Yahoo - we'll be right back thank you for your patience. Please don't tell me they're being hacked again

• Desktop Web Mail
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: mail.yahoo.com completely down

Today I got the message "Yahoo down our experts are working to fix this" message.

I gave it an hour still the same but found out my Mrs PC was getting Yahoo e-mails OK.

So I tried logging in on her machine and it worked, which now got me thinking could it be 

my E-mail short cut on the desk top? Sometimes these go silly after windows update etc.

So I deleted the shortcut , googled yahoo mail login and made a new desktop shortcut.

Logged into my E-mail using new desktop short cut and ...

Everything works fine again , I've got my E-mails back.

So it's worth a try if others tell you they have normal Yahoo mail service.

4 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Same here, been going on about 1 hour; started when it said I had to retype my password????  Oh No!

'Hoo Recruit

New error - It did let me in for a sec but couldn't open, delete anything, etc

We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We’re sorry, but Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@ crazygravy - That error usually indicates your account is getting a server update. It should resolve itself in another hour or so, at the most.

Did we help you today? Did another customer? Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know! You can also give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for giving and receiving these. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the 'Known Issue' boards for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

Today I got the message "Yahoo down our experts are working to fix this" message.

I gave it an hour still the same but found out my Mrs PC was getting Yahoo e-mails OK.

So I tried logging in on her machine and it worked, which now got me thinking could it be 

my E-mail short cut on the desk top? Sometimes these go silly after windows update etc.

So I deleted the shortcut , googled yahoo mail login and made a new desktop shortcut.

Logged into my E-mail using new desktop short cut and ...

Everything works fine again , I've got my E-mails back.

So it's worth a try if others tell you they have normal Yahoo mail service.