cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Unique draft. Need one manager

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Unique draft. Need one manager

Please contact me at    ytse82   at  hotmail

Every year we start with 6 keepers.  We keep one player from each position plus one more skater.

They get put at the end of the draft.

Then we draft position by position.
I generate a random draft order for each round using a certain website.
We start with Center.  The draft order gets sent to everybody via email. When the list is posted the manager with first pick chooses a Center, Then that round continues.

Then I generate another random order for the rest of the roster spots.

Last year the order was...
C
D
G
RW
D
G
LW
Any
Any
Any

You can trade any of these rounds during the draft.  You can't trade any of the picks during the season.

Every manager has 24 hrs to pick.  If you miss your pick you go to the end of the round. 

You could end up with just one 1st pick or more than one 1st pick of a round. You could also end up with zero first picks.

In the football league that drafts this way. One manager had 3 first picks, two mangers had two, and one manager had zero. The rest had at least one.