cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Fantasy Basketball expert looking for dynasty/keeper leagues...

SOLVED
Contributin' 'Hoo

Re: Fantasy Basketball expert looking for dynasty/keeper leagues...

Kevin Knox.  Looking good.   I wonder if anyone ever goes back and apologizes for being wrong?   https://sports.yahoo.com/rookie-kevin-knox-knicks-see-christmas-future-055224952--nba.html

Contributin' 'Hoo

Let’s just hope the guy who eventually took over that team was a little less of an expert and they held onto Lopez.
Contributin' 'Hoo

To be quite explicit, Morton, these are the comments that I referred to and I believe someone ought to have enough of a sense of shame to back up from:  

And u dropped them for scrubs who are like 400 overall in our league, like anunuby and knox

scrubs like anunnby or knox who are like 400 overall, regardless of who's been in league longer. They are not playable in points leagues, let alone in a league that has 3p% and pf's.  They won't get much better then what they are.  if u go by fake 'age' as your strategy u are a clueless. 

u don't just drop for stiffs who are 400 and will never improve much. if it was a tatum, or a special player that would be different but not guys like smart, josh jackson, knox or anunuby lol

His moves were shady. u don't drop solid players like ariza or blopez for guys like anunuby or other flops who are 400 overall in our league and get lots of fouls and are inefcient shooters and scorers who get no other stats. 

Those guys are FLOPS and i thought he was destroying the team with his moves so that's why i removed him

Anununby and knox are not good players especially for our efficient based league and are flops that are 400 overall. do u know how bad that is of a rank?

Morton:   You on board with those comments?   You didn't originally make them, but here you are posting about it.  

Contributin' 'Hoo

But as to your point of not cutting Lopez.   I like to be held to what I actually said.  so, let me repeat what I said for your convenience.   I would always prefer to test a trade market with what MIGHT be an asset that could help someone else out.   I would have marketed Lopez.   That being said, my experience is these "useful vets" that are playing above their head usually have vastly less market value than you seem to think they have.   I'm not getting Jason Tatum for Lopez.   Heck, I'm not getting Jaylen Brown for Lopez.    What really is his trade value?   In a vacuum, it sounds great to say "trade him."    but if you aren't getting much more than a low draft pick or a rookie flier type, then what's the point?   If you say "hold him", then I respond "self destructive if draft order is decided by last place finish in standings."    Why hold a guy that gets me from 12th to 10th in a deep keeper league?    That's the difference in Zion Williamson and a crap bag guess.   If you say hold him, then I also say self destructive if my window for contention is 2+ years from now.  Who cares what Lopez is doing in the 2018/2019 season if your team has no shot then AND you are looking to try and win in the 2020/2021 season?   You telling me you think Lopez is balling out two years from now?  you like those odds better than rolling dice on a guy that you like more that is younger?   No, it's not a crazy take to say that a guy likes a Kevin Knox way more than the low draft pick or low level prospect someone else has.   Yes, you are right to shoot for a trade.  No, you are desperately wrong to say a guy should be removed from a league and/or counseled to seek a trade that you like.    Although I was really aiming at the original poster, I'd think you might consider your position as well.  

Contributin' 'Hoo

Even the original poster stated that cutting lopez or ariza FOR A SPECIAL PROSPECT like a Tatum would be justified.   Kevin Knox looks pretty special to me.    That's my point, too.   Who the **bleep** are you guys to make the call on which prospect is or isn't special?    Isn't that why we have a game?    You make your decisions.  I make my decisions.   Let's find out who really is good and who really isn't.    if your world, you know all the answers and you toss players out of your league when you disagree with them.   The ironic thing is you are accusing me of the very thing you are guilty of:  arrogance.   I say I don't know all the answers and I'm willing to let people do things I wouldn't do....because maybe they are right and it's their team.   You?   Nah, man.  You just toss people out because you believe that you do know all the answers and you believe you are justified to ban someone from your league for the high crime of disagreeing with your basketball judgment.    You posted that you'd toss someone out of your league for cutting Lopez and somehow you think that makes you open minded?    Really, Morton?  

Contributin' 'Hoo

Final comment and I'll await your response.   Change sport.   I own Edwin Encarnacion.   Deep dynasty type league.    Edwin is a proven power hitting beast.   My team is a bit old.   I offered him for trade.  Zero offers received. I sent 12 offers out to the other 13 coaches.   No one would trade me any prospect whatsoever for Edwin.   Nothing.  He had no trade value in my league.  Guess why, Morton?    The contending teams didn't think he'd move them up in standings, so why pay any talent for a guy that doesn't help them this year?   The rebuilding teams uniformly stated that by time their team was ready to compete, Edwin would be on down hill slide due to his age.   Edwin's trade value was zero.     But using your logic, if someone cut Edwin for a guy they thought had potential, you'd toss them from the league.   Right? 

Contributin' 'Hoo

Too slow, Morton!   Know what I really wish you'd have said?    That if a guy cut Lopez in your league, then you would have emailed or talked to the guy.   You would have said "I have concerns over this move.  Please tell me your reasoning?"     Then, if you really didn't like the response, maybe you boot him.    But if the guy clearly knew what he was talking about, then you let it stand even if you personally would not have made that move if that was your personal team.

Highlighted
Rookie All-star

Edwin is a player that should be traded "up the ladder". 

Start with an early 30's player. Flip for a late 20's player. 

If you play your cards right, you may be able to get an under-the-radar stud in a couple of years. 

Sorry to intrude in the smart brainiac room. I'll leave now.

Contributin' 'Hoo

lol.....you good, Jimmy!   I have zero objection to your strategy in theory.  In practice, I offered him to everyone.   I followed up with....."ok.  I get you don't want to part with X player.   Is there anyone that you would part with?  I'm open and flexible."   in other words, no one was interested in doing your suggestion in my specific league.   It's not that it was a bad idea because it isn't a bad idea.  The point is that each league is somewhat unique and the trade environment is not the same in each and every league.   If you roll it back one stage, then I agree Lopez should be marketed.  But that's not same thing as I agree a guy could get more than dropping him and adding Kevin Knox.  

Contributin' 'Hoo

Also, I prefer NOT to be called a brainiac.  "Evil Genius" is my preferred designation.