cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

legitimate emails going directly to trash

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

legitimate emails going directly to trash

Quite a few legitimate emails are going directly to the trash bin.  I have checked the filters and there are no filters directing any emails to the trash bin.  I'm not sure where else to look in settings for an answer to this.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: legitimate emails going directly to trash

Thank you for your quick reply.  We are using a third party mail app that we sync with yahoo.  I did remove yahoo from it and added it back and that didn't change anything.  I checked the filters and all the other settings and couldn't find anything to account for the problem.  Finally I decided to just turn off the mail app and, wonder of all wonders, it worked.  There are no longer emails going into trash and the spam folder only has emails that we direct to it.  I can't believe I never considered the app being the problem.  Now, all I have to decide is if I'm going to troubleshoot the problem anymore or just say the heck with it and not use the app.  Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@chocobell797

I see a filter on the account directing some emails to the Spam folder. If you have emails going into the Trash folder automatically (after they've been delivered to the Inbox), then they may be getting moved by a non-Yahoo Mail app accessing the account. Remove the account from the app and re-add it to resolve this.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Thank you for your quick reply.  We are using a third party mail app that we sync with yahoo.  I did remove yahoo from it and added it back and that didn't change anything.  I checked the filters and all the other settings and couldn't find anything to account for the problem.  Finally I decided to just turn off the mail app and, wonder of all wonders, it worked.  There are no longer emails going into trash and the spam folder only has emails that we direct to it.  I can't believe I never considered the app being the problem.  Now, all I have to decide is if I'm going to troubleshoot the problem anymore or just say the heck with it and not use the app.  Thanks for your help.