cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

emails missing

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

emails missing

i cannot view emails prior to two days ago. when i try to put in a restore request the only options are, account was hacked or deleted by accident. neither is the issue. can they be restored? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: emails missing

@jw76

I went ahead and did a manual restore on your email for you. Check your Trash folder for any recovered emails.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
15 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @jw76

The email restore process is completely automated.  It doesn't matter which of the three options you choose as they are just for reporting purposes and will not affect the recovery process that is run. 

Are you trying to viewing your emails from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to do this?  What version of Yahoo mail are you using?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Pro 'Hoo

I tried on my desktop and phone.  i am using chrome on both and i'm not sure what version of yahoo. i originally went through verizon.net and then started going through yahoo when they converted

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @jw76

Verizon accounts

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @jw76

Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?

Are you posting this question from the account having this issue?  You mentioned using Chrome have you tried other browsers like Firefox?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Pro 'Hoo

It is a verizon.net account. Since Verizon retired their email service i transferred to Yahoo email. Haven't had an issue for over a year, prob longer. I haven't tried Firefox but why would chrome be an issue?
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jw76

I went ahead and did a manual restore on your email for you. Check your Trash folder for any recovered emails.

Pro 'Hoo

i did notice some were recovered. thank you.

Pro 'Hoo

I have had a similar problem in the last two weeks. All my emails prior to 21 Dec 2018 disappeared from my Sky account Inbox (nearly 3 years of emails). I haven't changed any settings or preferences. I usually access emails on a Mac desktop and have certainly not accidentally deleted nearly 3 years of emails. I'm keen to get them back in my inbox as some of them are important. I reported this issue a week ago at which point a few emails re-appeared in my trash box, but only dating back to 16 Dec 2018. Despite a request for further assistance, nothing has happened. Through no fault on my part, why and how have they all been deleted? Are they all lost or can they be recovered? Is there someone I can contact to report this problem?

Thankyou

@tpeters

Official 'Hoo Staff

@tpeters

Usually when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.