cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

emails missing

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Re: emails missing

This is no use to me. I haven't changed any settings or apps. The last change I made was to update my iPhone last October, but I haven't deleted 3 years of emails from there. And it wouldn't explain why everything was working perfectly for 2 months after the change of phone. All I want is my inbox restored - is that possible or am I going to have to change to a more secure account provider? I have had a Sky email account since Sky first introduced them and haven't had any problems up until now. Can anyone tell me what's happened? Is there a number I can call to try and find out what's happened? Thankyou

Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @tpeters

You mentioned checking your email on your Mac.  Do you sign into your account from a browser from the Yahoo website or do you use Mac Mail or another email program?  You mentioned using an iPhone, what mail app are you using?  When was the last time you had seen these missing emails?

Since this is a Sky account you can always contact them.

Get help with an AT&T, Frontier, Verizon, Rogers, BT, Sky, or Spark account or password - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/sln25426.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Pro 'Hoo

some of mine have been recovered as well but not all. it is almost impossible to get a person on the phone to help with the issue. and when i did get someone from Yahoo on the phone they told me i needed to contact AOL. they transferred me and AOL said no, this is a yahoo account.

i dont know what else to do

Official 'Hoo Staff

@jw76

You definitely have a Yahoo Mail account. Not sure why they transferred you to AOL. Did you get a case number?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

On Mac desktop, I access emails on Sky/Yahoo website via Safari.

On iPhone, I originally got emails via Mac Mail, but subsequently changed to the Yahoo mail app. The iPhone was changed/updated back in October and no emails were lost for at least 2 months, so I'm not sure how that device could be the problem. Last year I jettisoned many old emails pre 2016 so I know it can be a laborious process to delete hundreds of emails en masse - not something I would or could have done accidentally. Thanks for your help; how do I contact Sky about this?

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Peters

You can reach them as shown here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/sln25426.html

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.