cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Using 'mark as Spam' is not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Using 'mark as Spam' is not working

I am finding that mail I have marked as spam just minutes ago are back in my email in box as if I never tried to remove it all. Talk about frustrating! What do I need to do to make this option work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Using 'mark as Spam' is not working

Greetings @TeriB3

If you are marking these emails as Spam and seeing the emails reappear on your email app then you are having an email sync issue.  If you are not using the Yahoo Mail app for marking these emails as Spam that mark may not be reaching Yahoo. 

The simplest way to resolve an email sync issue is to remove your Yahoo account from the email app, clear your device cache, and then restart your mobile device.  Once restarted you can setup the Yahoo account again in the email app.  I would use the IMAP settings to ensure two-way communication.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
3 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @TeriB3

Are you marking these emails as Spam when viewing your emails from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  If the latter what device are you using and what email app are you using?

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

Actually, all of them.
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @TeriB3

If you are marking these emails as Spam and seeing the emails reappear on your email app then you are having an email sync issue.  If you are not using the Yahoo Mail app for marking these emails as Spam that mark may not be reaching Yahoo. 

The simplest way to resolve an email sync issue is to remove your Yahoo account from the email app, clear your device cache, and then restart your mobile device.  Once restarted you can setup the Yahoo account again in the email app.  I would use the IMAP settings to ensure two-way communication.