cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Shared email address and account

Pro 'Hoo

Re: Shared email address and account

I may consider using another app, but when you have kids (not sure if you do) its easier to manage the flurry of emails from school, kids activities, doctors, etc when they are all in one place. Too easy to forget to forward email if you're just scanning emails quickly when you have a free minute.
Pro 'Hoo

I confirmed that from a web browser the email shows up. The email has now shown up in her inbox. I guess it is just an initial issue. Maybe it is a sync'ing issue when two people are sharing the same account
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jweing76

Make sure that none of you is moving messages to Trash or Archive folder when swiping right or left. 

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

Pro 'Hoo

No, we're not. Thanks
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jweing76 

The Yahoo Mail app mirrors and syncs with the web version of Yahoo Mail. Make sure you're both using our official app: https://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!

Pro 'Hoo

Yes, we are
Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jweing76

That's a very weird and uncommon behaviour. Have you tried to remove and install again the app on both phones?

Pro 'Hoo

No I haven't, but as I mentioned in an earlier response I recently had to do a factory reset on my phone to address another issue I was having and my wife's phone was recently replaced under warranty so i was thinking that perhaps that wouldn't be necessary
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jweing76

I've never seen this issue before. Can you replicate this problem with the phones side-by-side? 

Pro 'Hoo

No I haven't, but as I mentioned in an earlier response I recently had to do a factory reset on my phone to address another issue I was having and my wife's phone was recently replaced under warranty so i was thinking that perhaps that wouldn't be necessary