cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Reading an email and suddenly disappeared

New 'Hoo

Reading an email and suddenly disappeared

Suddenly text says no email selected and the incoming email has disappeared. This has happened before and I responded before email was deleted. So I wasn’t crazy the email I sent was still in sent but inbox and trash copy was missing???

5 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Reading an email and suddenly disappeared

Greetings @JazzyNikki

Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?

Are you viewing your account from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to do this?  What version of Yahoo mail are you using?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@JazzyNikki

Usually when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Check out this post for more info and how to restore missing emails.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
New 'Hoo

Yahoo.com
Viewing from desktop and iPad and android (safari) and google. Just wondering if a past employee who was fired and still in email account is deleting? I found 2 very important emails while reading disappear before my eyes..not good. Any advice is helpful. I did request a restore for yesterdays emails that disappeared.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@JazzyNikki

It's possible. Any non-Yahoo app access that uses IMAP or POP to connect could cause this.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @JazzyNikki

I would definitely go through and secure your account.

Change your Yahoo password  and be sure to remove any unknown devices or account that may have been connected to your account.  The next article can help with this process.

Find and remove unusual activity on your Yahoo account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/sln2073.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.