cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Overly Aggressive SPAM detection in Yahoo Mail

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Overly Aggressive SPAM detection in Yahoo Mail

Lately, I have found some useful emails went to the SPAM folder. There is something wrong with how Yahoo Mail classifies SPAM. It needs to be improved.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Overly Aggressive SPAM detection in Yahoo Mail

@dlin95123

The best way to improve this is to mark these emails as Not Spam. It would also be helpful to have the sender contact our Postmaster team to see why their emails are being filtered to spam.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
5 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@dlin95123

The best way to improve this is to mark these emails as Not Spam. It would also be helpful to have the sender contact our Postmaster team to see why their emails are being filtered to spam.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

@Scootermobile wrote:

@dlin95123

I have marked these emails as Not Spam. It is often not practical to ask the senders to contact your Postmaster team. For example, I had been receiving AT&T Careers email. But I found it went to the Spam folder today. Apparently, some people did not want to receive them and marked them as spam. However, it is not a spam to me.

I am a data scientist by trade. I believe your data science team needs to improve their algorithms. Thanks.

New 'Hoo

same here. I find in the spam folder not only newsletters (which I signed up to and are not spam, but are not personalised I suppose so might confuse the spam filter) but also emails sent only to me, from people I have interacted with in the past. Sometimes even their *reply* to my email ends up in the spam folder! This has been going on for quite a while now. I always mark them 'not spam', but that doesn't seem to have changed anything over time.

New 'Hoo

Aggressive auto junk is off the hook right now. I’ve corresponded with the same addresses for years and years.

Something is broken again Yahoo!

Steve
San Francisco
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Steve-O

If you have emails going to your Spam folder after you have marked them as "Not spam" please provide the time/date and subject line of these emails so they can be checked.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.