cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Not receiving push notifications on my android phone

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Not receiving push notifications on my android phone

I looked at all the potential causes/solutions on this topic and have tried/implemented all of them as well...still having a problem.  I even cleared all the cache and data, uninstalled and reinstalled the app...still not receiving notifications.  I just stopped receiving notifications a few days ago (maybe 3 or 4?).  Running the latest version of Yahoo app (5.36.0.1351598) and Android version 8.0.0 on a Motorola Moto Z force.  Any help is much appreciated...very frustrated at this point.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Not receiving push notifications on my android phone

It looks like this issue has been resolved. Can anyone confirm?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
24 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

I am having the same problem, same timline.  I've done everything you have done and still not working. Hope this is fixed very soon!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@biggxj

I've seen a few reports of this issue today. Can you submit feedback to our Product Team through the app? That will give them the technical data they need to look into this.

Pro 'Hoo

will do...I certainly hope this gets fixed soon...I am heavily invested in Yahoo mail (multiple email addresses, a few of which are for my small business, and website hosting)...I would hate to have to try and switch.  Thanks.

Pro 'Hoo

I sent one in.  Thanks!  Hopefully it is resolved quickly.

Pro 'Hoo

now i'm not even receiving updates on the app unless I manually "refresh" it 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@biggxj

What device and version of Android OS are you using?

Pro 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

Running the latest version of Yahoo app (5.36.0.1351598) and Android version 8.0.0 on a Motorola Moto Z force.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@biggxj

Ok. Any Android updates available currently? Do you have another other Android devices to try?

Pro 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

No updates available for my phone that I am aware of...it updated to 8.0 not too long ago.

I have a tablet I can try on Sunday afternoon.  Not sure why that would help solve the issue since this is something that just started happening around Tuesday of this week (1/1/19).  I had ONE email notification this morning after deleting then re-installing the app...but that's it.  As stated earlier, still not getting sync/updates to my app unless I manually update it or close then open the app.