cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

No longer receiving some emails

'Hoo Recruit

No longer receiving some emails

I set-up my Yahoo Classic account to send and receive messages sent to my work address (@conquest-theatre.co.uk), as well as my personal yahoo.com and gmail.com accounts.  This was working fine up to at least November 2018.  But now I can still send messages from my work account but messages to it are not received.

Help!

10 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: No longer receiving some emails

@trevor34smith

I see new emails in the Inbox, so the account itself seems to be receiving normally. Do you get any error messages when emails are forwarded from your work account to Yahoo?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

Hi,

No error messages are received.   Messages to **Username Protected**@Conquest-theatre.co.uk just don't appear in my inbox.  Messages from **Username Protected**@conquest-theatre.co.uk get sent without any problem.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@trevor34smith

Might need to check the settings on the work account to make sure it's still set up to forward to your Yahoo account. You may also want to check with your email provider for that domain to see if there anything in the email logs that would indicate an error when it forwards email to Yahoo.

'Hoo Recruit

Can you elaborate on how to check the forwarding settings please?

The webmaster at conquest-theatre.co.uk felt that in some way yahoo was treating it as spam. Is there a way to send you the file log that he sent me?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@trevor34smith

I'm not sure how to check the forwarding settings on a non-Yahoo domain. Do you remember how you set it up originally? As for the logs, if it's in your Yahoo mailbox, I can check it out form my end.

'Hoo Recruit

Hi,

I just set up {**Username Protected**@conquest-theatre.co.uk within yahoo.  At the time it was quite straightforward.  I wonder whether the change is because Yahoo Classic Mail now only supports message forwarding from general email accounts eg gmal, rather than 'company' accounts?

The log was on an email sent to me by **Username Protected**@gmail.com on 8 Jan.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@trevor34smith

Setting up an account in Yahoo is different than accepting forwards from one. When you set up a Gmail, Aol, etc. account in Yahoo, it's accessing it directly through IMAP. You can still have any other account forward its email to your Yahoo address.

'Hoo Recruit

Ok, fair enough.  My problem isn't due to a change at Yahoo.

Have you been able to log at the file log?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@trevor34smith

Bingo! So it looks like the IP address your emails forwarding through Mailgun are being deferred by our servers. The IP address in particular is already blacklisted 4 times. You'll need to have Mailgun contact our Postmaster team about this.