cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

My emails disappeared from Inbox (4 years over 10.000 emails)

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

My emails disappeared from Inbox (4 years over 10.000 emails)

I have a huge problem,

As I was searching for an email in my inbox, that I received a few months ago and I noticed that my entire inbox was altered. All my received emails received before 6 October 2018 disappeared from inbox. I'm devastated. My account was functional from 2014 and now all my received email before 6 October 2018 are missing. I've check also with the Yahoo Mail app instaled on my phone and its the same. How is it possible that a huge amount of emails can just disappear like that ? Four years archive of over 10.000 received emails. The Yahoo assistants told me that they don't have a feature that can analyse the account activity. How is this possible ? I think I'm gonna lose my mind.

5 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: My emails disappeared from Inbox (4 years over 10.000 emails)

@adrian_platona

Sometimes when emails go missing it's because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. It may be set up to download emails from our server but not leave a copy of them, making it look like emails disappeared. Also, syncing issues between the account and a mail app can cause emails to be removed from our servers and be deleted or moved to the app/client instead. If you access the account through a mobile device or app, you may want to remove the account from the device and re-add it to resolve any syncing issues in the future. If needed, you can request a Mail restore here.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

Pro 'Hoo

Thanks for your advice, but I don't quite understand this: "Also, syncing issues between the account and a mail app can cause emails to be removed from our servers and be deleted or moved to the app/client instead." The syncing process between the Yahoo account and the Yahoo Mail App can alter/delete the data/emails stored by Yahoo servers ??
Official 'Hoo Staff

@adrian_platona

By "mail app" I mean any 3rd party app. That's why we recommend to use the Yahoo Mail app, to avoid any sync issues.

Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!

Pro 'Hoo

Thank you for the reply,

Yahoo Mail app is the app that I use on my phone.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@adrian_platona

If you have recently accessed your account from a non Yahoo app, check all folders in that app - inclusive Trash or Archive.