cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

My alias was incorrectly assigned to be my Primary address

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Re: My alias was incorrectly assigned to be my Primary address

Hi @Scootermobile

Also, when I mouse over my name in Yahoo email, it shows my ABC account below my name, which is my previous main account.  And when I click on Account Info and look at Personal Info, it shows that XYZ is list under Aliases and I cannot delete it.

Hope this helps as well.

Thanks,

Frank

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Frank00

Ok, I see it. It looks like the email was delivered to the ************r account and not the --------------e one. Is the latter the original one?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

Hi @Scootermobile

Yes, that is correct, the latter is the original one.

Thanks,

Frank

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Frank00

Ok, so I checked with my engineering team on this, and it looks like the ************r account is the original account, and the other is the alias. You may need to pick one or the other at this point, but if you want access to both, we may be able to make them each separate mailboxes. As they are right now, they are both being directed into each other, which shouldn't be some our system somehow allowed.

Established 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

Thanks for looking into to this, I truly appreciate the help to correct this.  The above statement is not correct, I have 2 images redacted to show that **************e was the original account and ***************r is the alias.  I know that is not how it is currently setup, but this is what I am looking for.  If we cannot correct, but can create 2 separate accounts, this is an acceptable solution.  I don't see how I can add the images to this post, maybe a private message will help (if we can do that)?

Thanks,

Frank

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Frank00

If you believe the images will help you can send an email with these images attached to the same email you are using to post this question and they can be reviewed.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Established 'Hoo

@ArthurDent & @Scootermobile

I replied to the email that was sent to me from the previous post.  It says a no-reply email, so not sure it will be sent anywhere.

Also, sent it from both accounts.

Thanks,

Frank

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Frank00

I was asking if you could send the email to the email address you use to post this question.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Frank00

Looks like the info in the screenshots was all redacted. Either way, if you just let us know which account you want to keep, I can check with engineering.

Established 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

Please keep the **********e account.  If you can make the other one it own account, that will be fine, otherwise if it needs to be just dropped that is OK as well.  Just need to have the ***********e account / email.

Thanks,

Frank