cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

My alias was incorrectly assigned to be my Primary address

SOLVED
Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

My alias was incorrectly assigned to be my Primary address

Hello,

It seems that when Yahoo made changes to drop the ability to have aliases, they changed my alias to be my primary and now I cannot delete what was once my alias because it is my primary.  If I delete the now extra email, I may loose what was once my Primary account / email.

Thanks,

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderatin' 'Hoo

Re: My alias was incorrectly assigned to be my Primary address

@Frank00

Just sent the info to the team. Once I hear back from them I will reach back to you.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
42 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Frank00

Are you posting this message from the account having this issue?  When you send an email to what was your primary email address do you receive it?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Established 'Hoo

Yes, this is the account having the issue.  I am getting emails in both accounts, not separately.

Established 'Hoo

When I send an email, it comes from the non primary account email.

Established 'Hoo

Sorry, but it comes from the non primary that used to be my primary.  It seems they are mixed up and I cannot resolve.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Frank00

When you check your account is your default sending address set to be your email alias or is it your primary email address?

Send messages from or delete an extra email address - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/new-mail-for-desktop/sln15953.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Established 'Hoo

Here are non real example of what I have: 

Previous account setup as:    **Username Protected**@yahoo.com

Previous alias setup as:         **Username Protected**@yahoo.com

Now

My primary email is:    **Username Protected**@yahoo.com  [[ I cannot delete or change ]]

My additional email account is:   **Username Protected**@yahoo.com  [[ I can delete, but then I would loose my real email account address ]]

The default is set to the Primary account (**Username Protected**@yahoo.com) which used to be my alias and I cannot change to the other account (**Username Protected**@yahoo.com).  When I send emails, it shows as coming from the other account (**Username Protected**@yahoo.com) which is the correct email to use.

Established 'Hoo

Hopefully you can see that fake accounts I used in the previous post.  Also, it seems that I am not receiving emails from this account?  I sent 2 messages and still have not received them at 2 different accounts.  I have checked Spam folders and still no email.

Established 'Hoo

I tried sending email to my previous main account and it was rejected, I was able to send to my previous alias account (as that is the new primary).

But when I send it only allows to send from my previous main account, even though the default is the previous alias account.

Mail Pro All-star

@Frank00

Go to the "writing email" options and the last item is "default sending address". Make sure it is set to the primary address.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.