cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Missing Spam

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Missing Spam

Hi - I used to get loads of spam, now I don't get any.. I suspect Yahoo have increased their filter settings and of course most spam is spam, but some isn't and I'd prefer to take that control back.  Please can someone confirm if this is the case, and can they release the spam..?
Thanks

Terry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Missing Spam

@TerryF22

There no way to really "lower" the security for our Spam filters. As along as you mark emails as Spam or Not Spam, then our system learns how to filter your emails better. If you notice that you aren't getting certain emails or that people are getting errors when emailing you, then our Postmaster team could investigate.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
5 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@TerryF22

Hi Terry. Are there any emails you noticed you aren't getting? It may just be that we're blocking the Spam from getting to your mailbox at all. If people report getting an error when emailing you, then that would be something we could look into.

Pro 'Hoo

Nope - nothing in particular it's just the original spam filter you had was never 100% and I could always pull out emails that weren't spam.  Now the spam filter settings have got more stringent (presumably) there's pretty much nothing coming through at all for the last few weeks.

I'd like the settings lowered again if possible, so i can pull out mails that aren't actually spam.

Thanks

Terry

Official 'Hoo Staff

@TerryF22

There no way to really "lower" the security for our Spam filters. As along as you mark emails as Spam or Not Spam, then our system learns how to filter your emails better. If you notice that you aren't getting certain emails or that people are getting errors when emailing you, then our Postmaster team could investigate.

Pro 'Hoo

Well you guys have done something.  I've gone from 5-10 mails a day in the spam folder, to possibly 1 every othr day.  And if you read through this board I'm not the only one, and I haven't seen a reply on any of the threads that actually helps.

Odd as it may sound, I'd like my spam back please, I want to be the one to filter through it, not your software.

Thanks

Terry

Official 'Hoo Staff

@TerryF22

I understand, but unfortunately our Spam algorithms are determined by our Antispam team. If you get word that you're missing emails or that people are getting errors when sending to you, then we can investigate this further.