cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Incoming mail goes to Trash

Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Incoming mail goes to Trash

I know this has been asked many times but still I don't understand why recently the forwarded emails from college (canvas) go straight to trash folder. I don't even have filters and even when I manually move those emails from trash to inbox it still somehow goes back to trash....

7 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Incoming mail goes to Trash

Greetings @ashotroma

Email incorrectly delivered to the Trash folder - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN6265.html?impressions=true

Do you view your emails only from a laptop or desktop via a web browser or do you also view them from a phone or tablet?  If the latter what device are you using and what app are your using?  Do you view your emails using an email program like Outlook?

You mentioned manually moving these emails from trash to inbox, are you doing this from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for the response. I use both laptop and Android app and the issue is in both cases. I don't use Outlook.
'Hoo Recruit

Chrome browser on laptop and Yahoo mail app on Moto phone
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @ashotroma

Since I don't use the Yahoo mail app the best I can do is share this link to the Help files for the Yahoo Mail app for Android.  This could be result of an email sync issue.  If you are moving these emails on the Yahoo Mail app that move may not be going back to your Yahoo account so when the email refreshes on my mobile the email shows in the Trash folder again.  You can try to resolve this by removing the Yahoo mail app from your phone, clearing your device cache, restarting your phone and then downloading the latest version of the Yahoo Mail app from the Google Play store.  You can also set up your account using IMAP settings to ensure two-way communication.

Set up Yahoo Mail on a mobile device with POP or IMAP - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile-mail/sln3697.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@ashotroma

Typically, emails moving to Trash are due to filters (which you don't have) or due to another Mail app that's accessing the account. If you check the default mail apps on your desktop and phone, is Yahoo Mail set up in there at all?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

The problem looks gone although I haven't changed anything...
Official 'Hoo Staff

@ashotroma

Odd. Well, if it ain't broke, I guess we can just leave it alone for now. Let us know if it starts acting up again, though.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare