cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

I can not download yahoo mail in my Outlook 2013 on desktop for last 2 weeks ..however i can send

New 'Hoo

I can not download yahoo mail in my Outlook 2013 on desktop for last 2 weeks ..however i can send

Hi! First of all let me clarify that I have searched related topics and seen and tried suggestions. Since nothing has worked I am seeking help from the forum. 

I have been using Outlook 2013 and Windows to receive and send yahoo email for the last several years. Never had a problem. However since 11th November, I have not been able to download any yahoo mail in my Oulook inbox. 

I am able to log into my yahoo account on the web and send and receive mail. So no issue with the account per se.

I am able to send mail from Outlook using yahoo id. I have tried "repairing" the account, retyped passwords, port configurations etc and the account settings have also been tested OK. So no problem there.

I have also enabled less secure sign in for 3rd party apps in Yahoo security settings. So no issue there also. 

When I click send and receive folders in Outlook, I do not get any error message. The Outlook send/receive progress dialog box shows the status of the receiving task as "processing" and it goes on and on. 

I am using a Wi Fi connection at home. 

Can anybody help please?

3 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: I can not download yahoo mail in my Outlook 2013 on desktop for last 2 weeks ..however i can ...

@Anishkroy

Can you email yourself screenshots of your account settings in Outlook? Please include the Outgoing and Advanced tabs of the More Options window too. We can check it out from our end and look into it more for you. What error does Outlook give you when you Test Account Settings?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
New 'Hoo

Re: I can not download yahoo mail in my Outlook 2013 on desktop for last 2 weeks ..however i can ...

Hi! There is no error message when I test my account settings. I get the message that Congratulations! All tests completed successfully.. That is the frustrating thing.

I am sorry I am not very clear when you say "email yourself". If I do that will you be able to access and see the screenshots? Anyway I am doing that (emailing to myself). I also tried pasting the screenshot in this message but it didnt work ....I guess images cannot be included in this message

Let me also list here the account settings anyway :

A. POP and IMAP Account settings:

Server information:

Account type : POP3

Incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.com

Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Require logon using SPA: unchecked

B. Outgoing server

My outgoing server requires authentication : Checked

Use same settings as my incoming mail server : checked

C. Advanced

Incoming server (POP3): 995 (this is the recommended one for India)

This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL): Checked

Outgoing server (SMTP): 465

Use the following type of encrypted connection : SSL 

Server timeouts : 3 mins 30 secs

Hope this helps you in understanding. 

Warm regards,

Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Anishkroy

Your POP settings look correct.

Try IMAP settings instead. Sometimes even if the info seems correct, the data on the hard drive that the app saved could be corrupt or contain hidden invalid characters.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda