cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Forwarding Yahoo email to another email address (outlook)

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Forwarding Yahoo email to another email address (outlook)

Hey all.  I am sure this question has been asked.  Some time ago, I started forwarding emails to Outlook.  I use my yahoo as a back up and a secondary.  

I have tried to go in and "unforward" or stop forwarding emails to outlook with NO avail.  I have been trying for a year now.

Is there any work around on this? I cant find any setting to unforward the email and I don't like getting 2 emails all the time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Forwarding Yahoo email to another email address (outlook)

Greetings @chadbordes

If you are using the New Mail you won't find the settings for email forwarding because it hasn't been implemented yet.  You will need to switch back to Yahoo Classic in order to disable email forwarding.

Automatic email forwarding in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln22028.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
5 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @chadbordes

If you are using the New Mail you won't find the settings for email forwarding because it hasn't been implemented yet.  You will need to switch back to Yahoo Classic in order to disable email forwarding.

Automatic email forwarding in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln22028.html

'Hoo Recruit

Whats weird is the forwarding option is gone in classic.  Smiley Embarassed

I don't see the forwarding option.  So odd.

I am using the latest version of Chrome.

Chad

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @chadbordes

Are you sure that you are in Yahoo Classic and not Yahoo Basic.  The previous article shows you how to tell.  If you are in Yahoo Classic and you don't see this forwarding option then I would try signing into your account using Firefox.

'Hoo Recruit

I was in basic, however, I only have a chromebook.  I created a work around and basically made a rule that says any email with the to: **Username Protected**@yahooo.com goes to the trash, so it never hits the inbox.

Thanks for your help.

Chad

'Hoo Recruit

Sorry Classic not basic.

Chad