cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Emails going to SPAM on Yahoo mail server

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Re: Emails going to SPAM on Yahoo mail server

I can try, though that doesn't explain why the emails saying you had replied to this worked for a couple emails, and then all of a sudden started sending everything to the webmail spam folder.  

Can you see if Yahoo Help Community &**Username Protected**@yahoo-inc.com> with subject RE: Scootermobile mentioned you in Yahoo Help Community is going to the spam folder, and like the other one, I say it isn't spam, and it is ignoring that.

Established 'Hoo

So after poking around, I found something buried on my phone in outlook that said for that address to be marked as spam.  Though only that address.  It doesn't explain why others like these replies are either going to the inbox or spam on the webmail server.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rconiv

Actually, it does. because the phone is using IMAP, it syncs itself across all other devices that access the mailbox. Therefore, if the emails are being marked as Spam and moved there on the phone, you'll see the same on the web.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

I am still having random emails though that are going to my spam folder in webmail.  Though oddly, all the notifications for this one, that had for the last two days had been going to spam, stopped today.  It just seems really random.  Will get the same type of emails, like job offer ones in my inbox for a while, then it gets blocked for a while, and then it is not blocked.  There is something really whacked going on with Yahoo's email spam filter for a while now.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rconiv

Does this happen even if your mark them as Spam/Not Spam?

Established 'Hoo

I had, though it looks like the last one from the you got a reply from Yahoo might have been caught by my outlook since it wasn't in the webmail's spam.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rconiv

Ok. When possible mark them as Spam/Not Spam from the web or Yahoo Mail app, as that ensures the request gets to our system.