cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Emails going to SPAM on Yahoo mail server

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Emails going to SPAM on Yahoo mail server

I have a Frontier account, and they said to contact Yahoo since it is apparently their servers that Frontier uses.  There is no way to contact a human, without paying $5.00 a month, which is stupid since I pay Frontier over $100 just for internet a month, but anyways.  I have most emails that at random go to SPAM, or one specific email from another Frontier account that always goest to spam.  This started a couple months ago, and thought it was outlook, till I went in to the Frontier (Yahoo) webmail, and found them in the spam folder.  I mark them as not spam, and it moves them out.  It then turns around and the next email coming through from that address is in the spam folder.  This is Frontier to Frontier, so not sure why it would be blacklisted.  How do I get a human to look in to this with me.  Frontier tech took remote control, and said there is no rules, so it shouldn't be doing that, but passed it off as Yahoo's problem, since you apparently own the servers that Frontier uses.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Established 'Hoo

Re: Emails going to SPAM on Yahoo mail server

So after poking around, I found something buried on my phone in outlook that said for that address to be marked as spam.  Though only that address.  It doesn't explain why others like these replies are either going to the inbox or spam on the webmail server.

16 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@rconiv

Are you marking them as Not Spam from the web version or Outlook? Can you give an example of an email in the Spam folder that you had marked the sender's address as Not Spam in the past?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

Marking it as non-spam in the webmail, and **Username Protected**@frontier.com is one that I have marked as not spam many times.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rconiv

Looks like our security filters caught that email address. Can you post the subject/date of an email with that sender that ended up in the Spam folder?

Established 'Hoo

Had one at 2:15am EST this morning, and it is titled Back Home

Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@rconiv

Ok, I'll check into it and get back to you.

Established 'Hoo

Thanks, and just so you know, the emails from Yahoo where originally going to my inbox, but now they are also going to the webmail spam folder, including the notice about your last reply here.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rconiv

Ok, so according to the headers of that message you mentioned, it was originally delivered to the Inbox. This means that something moved it to the Spam folder after the fact. It may be Outlook doing this.

Established 'Hoo

That's weird because multiple computers do it, and they don't have any rules saying for anything to go to the spam folder.  Your replies to this thread, the first couple went to the inbox in webmail, the rest have been going to the spam folder in outlook.  Any guess on why that might be, since I didn't create anything that should cause this in the last three or so hours.

I know rules work differently, but if I receive an email from the same address, but to a different email account, it the same copy of outlook, it works fine.  So it shouldn't be a core function in outlook I wouldn't think.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rconiv

If you're using IMAP, then a change in one location will replicate to the others. You can try removing/re-adding the account from Outlook to see if that's causing the issue.