cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Emails from KSL Classifieds not Coming Through

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Emails from KSL Classifieds not Coming Through

I utilize KSL Classifieds (think craigslist, but cleaner) to sell friends'/family's items locally.

Their Classifieds allows users to send me an email using a pop-up box directly on the ad.

However, for quite sometime (over a year), neither these emails from buyers or confirmation of new ad emails have come through.

Their tech support just updated my account email address from my yahoo to my gmail, and emails are coming through fine to the gmail.  However, I keep yahoo & gmail for separate purposes, and would like to get the yahoo one working again.

I never "unsubscribed" from the KSL emails.  Thoughts on why Yahoo mail is not receiving these emails, not even placing them in spam / other folders?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Emails from KSL Classifieds not Coming Through

@JTurtle,

It sounds like these emails are not making it through our internal filters. To have this investigated you would need to contact our postmaster team here

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Official 'Hoo Staff

@JTurtle

The sender (KSL) is the one who needs to contact our Postmaster team. If you're not getting emails from them, they may be getting an error when sending to you.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
11 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@JTurtle,

It sounds like these emails are not making it through our internal filters. To have this investigated you would need to contact our postmaster team here

If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

Thanks for the response, the filter issue is what I thougth it might be, but I've found no option to directly contact Yahoo support.

On the help site you linked for Postmaster, where would I submit a help ticket?  Most of the information on that help site is for the company end who are sending emails to yahoo users, rather than Yahoo users trying to fix a filtering problem.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@JTurtle,

You would need to click on "contact us" in order to get the postmaster form. 

Pro 'Hoo

Right, I saw that and tried it initially, but the content of that Contact Us form is for a company, not an individual Yahoo user.

Nearly all of the required questions on that form are irrelevant to me.  

Should I fill it out anyways, and just put N/As in most of the boxes / dropdowns?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@JTurtle,

That would be the same for those companies as well as individuals need to fill out. You would only need to fill out the required fields. 

Pro 'Hoo

Thanks, I just submitted the form. 

Have you looked at the form recently though?  Most of the required questions are irrelevant to an individual, and I have no way of knowing most of the company directed questions (e.g., "how many subscribers?*" required question).  Thus, I would put either N/A or Unknown.

Hopefully, based on the description of the problem in the "additional comments" box, there's enough to start looking into the issue.

Thank-you for single-handedly helping me trouble shoot this!

Pro 'Hoo

That form does not appear to be the correct avenue.  I just received this response from submitting it:

I'm sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience and I would like to assist you with this matter.

Without a specific SMTP error message, we can't effectively troubleshoot the issue that resulted in the delivery failure.​​

Provide the following information in your response:

• Detailed description of the problem (including when it started).
  • The sending IP(s) affected.
  • What types of emails are being sent from the affected IP(s)?
  • The output of a *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.* from your mail server to our servers showing the SMTP conversation leading up to, including the rejection message. Telnet to this host and port number: telnet *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.* 25
  • Log messages from your mail server showing which IP you connected to and what responses you got from the remote server at the time you received the failures.

Without the requested information, we'll be unable to investigate the problem. 

I am looking forward to your reply. ​​

I am an individual who is not receiving mail from a sender I know is sending messages.  I have received no error messages.  I do not know exactly when it started.

I do not have the requested additional information.

Is there another way to resolve this issue, another helpdesk that is not specifically for companies sending emails that are being kicked back?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@JTurtle

The sender (KSL) is the one who needs to contact our Postmaster team. If you're not getting emails from them, they may be getting an error when sending to you.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Hi Scootermobile, thanks for your response.

I started this troubleshooting process with KSL Classifieds tech support first.  Everything appears to be working correctly from their end, but part of the issue might be that buyers using KSL Classifieds click on the website ad, a text box pops up by which to email me, and the message gets sent on to me.  It's not an email blast directly from KSL Classifieds, but generated via the website & buyer interactions.  

I'll see if I can ask the tech support person I've been corresponding with to check out this thread.

So there is not tech support avenue for an individual with Yahoo mail issues...?  stellar.