cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Emails ending in .com are coming to .co.uk

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Emails ending in .com are coming to .co.uk

Hi. My disposable email ends in **@yahoo.co.uk and I've had it for years. Today someone with the same ** but ending in @yahoo.com it appears I am receiving their mail. Any ideas why???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Emails ending in .com are coming to .co.uk

Greetings @Slingshot481

Another thing to consider is that since the change I mentioned in 2016 you can't have an account ID that uses both the Yahoo.com and the Yahoo.co.uk domain active at the same time.  So if your account ID is alpha1234 then there can't be someone in the US using that same account ID and the yahoo.com domain.

I assume you are posting this question from the account receiving these emails.  What you'll need to do is to post the time/date and subject for one of these emails and then I'll see about passing this information along for further review.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
5 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Slingshot481

It is rare for such a thing to happen but sometimes something goes amiss and you can start receiving emails sent to a yahoo.com address, even when you don't have a yahoo.com address.  This appears to only happen to those using domain-specific disposable email addresses.  Since Yahoo stopped allowing the creation of new domain-specific email address in 2016 you will notice that any new disposable email addresses you create will use the Yahoo.com email domain.  There is nothing you can do to stop this.  This is something that must be addressed internally by Yahoo engineering.

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Thank you @Arthurdent I'm not too worried. It's just that someone is not getting their emails and I'm getting confirmations for things I've not bought and are nothing to do with me. I'm not sure how to contact yahoo about it or do you think it's something that will correct itself?
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Slingshot481

Another thing to consider is that since the change I mentioned in 2016 you can't have an account ID that uses both the Yahoo.com and the Yahoo.co.uk domain active at the same time.  So if your account ID is alpha1234 then there can't be someone in the US using that same account ID and the yahoo.com domain.

I assume you are posting this question from the account receiving these emails.  What you'll need to do is to post the time/date and subject for one of these emails and then I'll see about passing this information along for further review.

'Hoo Recruit

Thank you.

Subject "JD Sports Updates" received at 4.45 on the 12.01.2019 the other is from 11.01.2019 at 16.42 and subject is "Thanks for your order ***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***ne, it's been confirmed"
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Slingshot481

About the only other thing you could do is to send an email to the seller's and see if they can confirm that the buyer has entered the correct email address.