cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Email content not showing in SOME email

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Email content not showing in SOME email

I'm using a Samsung 9 & the latest Yahoo Mail app. The content of some emails does not appear, just the header detail. If I go to settings and turn off "auto fit content", I can see the content of those emails, but then can't see the content of the emails that I could see before the change. I've tried uninstalling the app & reloading, I've deleted the email account and set it up again. If I load my email on a browser (doesn't matter which one I use) the same thing happens. If I log in on a computer, I don't have any issues. This started about 3 weeks ago.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Email content not showing in SOME email

Greetings @Bh195293

You say "If I load my email on a browser (doesn't matter which one I use) the same thing happens. If I log in on a computer, I don't have any issues".  These two things seem to contradict one another unless you mean if you are signing into your Yahoo account from your Samsung 9 using a mobile browser, would that be what you meant.  When you say that you uninstalled and reloaded the app did you restart your phone and clear the device cache before downloading the app from the Play Store?  Have you contacted Samsung support to see if they have any reports of the Yahoo Mail App not working properly on this particular phone?  Have you tried a different email app such as BlueMail to see if you see the same thing happening.  When you are in the Yahoo Mail app have you clicked on the Product feedback button and left a message about what is happening?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
2 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Bh195293

You say "If I load my email on a browser (doesn't matter which one I use) the same thing happens. If I log in on a computer, I don't have any issues".  These two things seem to contradict one another unless you mean if you are signing into your Yahoo account from your Samsung 9 using a mobile browser, would that be what you meant.  When you say that you uninstalled and reloaded the app did you restart your phone and clear the device cache before downloading the app from the Play Store?  Have you contacted Samsung support to see if they have any reports of the Yahoo Mail App not working properly on this particular phone?  Have you tried a different email app such as BlueMail to see if you see the same thing happening.  When you are in the Yahoo Mail app have you clicked on the Product feedback button and left a message about what is happening?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

Hi, thank you for the reply. Sorry I wasn't clear and you are correct... if I log in using the yahoo mail app or open chrome or firefox, or any other browser through my Samsung 9, I have the same issue. However, if I log in using a laptop, via any of the mentioned browsers, all email opens correctly and all content is visible.
I have not contacted samsung nor yahoo email. I've never seen the product feedback site, so I'll try both of those. Also, I wasn't aware I could use a different email app with a yahoo email address. I will definitely try that. Thanks again.