cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Email Delays and Not Receiving Email

Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Email Delays and Not Receiving Email

This has been going on for probably almost a year now. It doesnt matter what browser I am using. Emails are delayed or not coming in at all. Mostly these are "forgot UN/PW" emails from other sites but also others. This occurs in Firefox, Chrome, IE. There are significant delays (5 mins up to 5 hours or more) and sometimes the email doesnt ever come through. This also occurs on the mobile app on both IOS and android devices. I have uninstalled reinstalled the app and same problem. I have taken a look at the Raw Message as suggested in other posts and there appears to be a significant delay at least with a couple I have checked so far. Checked SPAM also. The same issue is happening on both of my free yahoo accounts.

Sometimes if I send myself a test email it will go through and bring the other emails in if that makes sense? What might be causing these delays?

26 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Email Delays and Not Receiving Email

@lwknomo,

What are the subject lines and times of these delayed emails? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

Message yesterday was from verizon. At 5am but the raw data says it was sent 5 hours before that
New 'Hoo

my account can't received and sent to 

**Username Protected**@zte.com.cn

this account and others systems. they sayd my account have problem. So please how i can receiv mails all off account and systems.

@Jim_Jam wrote:

@lwknomo,

What are the subject lines and times of these delayed emails? 

Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Del_Taco

Checking the email you mentioned, I was unable to see a big delay in the header. You can copy the header of the email and use this Header analyzer to see if there is a delay and where it is located.

@erdenebayar

Do they receive any error messages? Is it specific to one sender?

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

Its not one specific sender. Mostly i have noticed it to be system generated emails from companies i have requested login information such as forgot username/password.
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Del_Taco

Can you please tell me how you are accessing your account? Is it from a browser on your computer or from an app on a mobile device?

Pro 'Hoo

I've tried all of the above
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Del_Taco

Are you seeing the delay in both the desktop version of Yahoo Mail and the Yahoo mail app on your mobile device?

Pro 'Hoo

Yes. I have provided this information in the original post