cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Disposable email addresses not receiving email

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Disposable email addresses not receiving email

I am unable to receive email on any of my disposable email addresses. These have an @yahoo.co.uk domain. Emails to my main yahoo.co.uk email address are received ok. 

Can someone from Yahoo please give us some idea when the ongoing issues with disposable email addresses will fixed. It's starting to get beyond a joke.

31 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Disposable email addresses not receiving email

@SR70,

The disposable email addresses have all switched to a .com. Any messages sent to a disposable address need to now be sent using a .com domain. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Established 'Hoo

Jim_Jam,

I understand that all new disposable addresses are created with a yahoo.com domain. However, for users whose main yahoo email address is not username@yahoo.com they do not work. They are broken and do not receive email.

My yahoo login is username@yahoo.co.uk, so new disposable addresses created with a yahoo.com domain do not work for me, or for many other people who have posted to these forums

Here are the steps to reproduce the bug for you engineers to try from a yahoo account that is not a yahoo.com one.

1. I log in to yahoo mail using my usename username@yahoo.co.uk
  2. I create a new disposable email address e.g. **Username Protected**@yahoo.com
  3. From another account I send an email to **Username Protected**@yahoo.com
  4. I receive the following email with the following error in reply:

554: delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (**Username Protected**@yahoo.com) [-13] - mta1307.mail.ne1.yahoo.com

5. No email is received at **Username Protected**@yahoo.com

Please get your engineers to test this.

The changes that have been made mean that new disposable addresses will not now work for a large number of yahoo mail users and yahoo need to find a solution.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@SR70 Hi there, I have escalated this problem and your account details to our engineers. Thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved for you. Cheers.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
Established 'Hoo

Why are threads on this topic being locked, or even marked as being solved?

First the users were blamed, then their hardware or software, and then "solutions" implemented that didn't solve the problem.

It's not solved.

Please attend to this problem urgently,

Thank you (but increasingly frustrated).

Tags (1)
'Hoo Recruit

Hi, just to let you know, this problem is not restricted to a single account as it happens to me too under the same circumstances i.e. i have a .co.uk account but none of my new .com disposable addresses can receive. 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@KH16 @harryhazza77 Hi there, I have added both your account details to the engineering ticket. Thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved for you. Cheers.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
'Hoo Recruit

I have the same problem. My main account is @sbcglobal.net. I already had quite a few of disposable addresses, and they work. But the new I create don't. I am able to send an email from it, but sending to it gets 

554: delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account 

Same problem here: I have an "...@yahoo.de" account: All new disposable addresses I want to add get by default the "...@yahoo.com" ending. I'm not able to receive mails addressed to the "...@yahoo.com" account.

Please fix this error: Change the default E-mail ending when adding disposable addresses according to the E-mail ending of the account and not to "...@yahoo.com".

Thanks!

New 'Hoo

I have the same problem. My base account (and login name) is "...@yahoo.co.uk". I have a lot of disposable addresses ending with "yahoo.co.uk", they still receive mail without any issues, however recently I tried to create a new disposable address, and the address creation window offered an address ending with "yahoo.com". I assumed that it was a temporary glitch (I can't remember ever receiving any notice about Yahoo phasing out country specific email addresses), anyway I created a new "yahoo.com" disposable address and it was basically useless. I could not receive any mail sent to that address. Whenever a message is sent to the newly created disposable address, the sender always receives a "554 delivery error: ... This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account" error message.