cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Disposable address base name changed by itself, and now emails not going thru to disposable address

'Hoo Recruit

Disposable address base name changed by itself, and now emails not going thru to disposable address

Hi.

My disposable address base name changed by itself a while back (couple years ago ?). It reverted to the original one I tested when I first set it up in 2004 ish (?), and once I figured out how it worked I picked a new base name I have used since then (back then one change was allowed). Since the reversion, I haven't make any new disposable addresses.

However, in the past couple months I've noticed much less emails receiving.  And I find that when I send emails to my disposable addresses, they are rejected by Yahoo.  For example:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<rdave***Email Address Removed***.com>:

554: delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (rdave***Email Address Removed***.com) [-9] - mta4003.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.

Strangely also, when I try to send a support email using the online form, I cannot use my Yahoo ID, but have to use my reverted base name as my Yahoo ID.  However, I can log in normally using my real yahoo ID.

How to fix these ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Disposable address base name changed by itself, and now emails not going thru to disposable addr

Hi

Somebody must be doing something.  My base name has changed old to new to old to new to old (two corrections and reversals).

In the last time I could make one disposable address as a test.  But then the base name switched back again.

Thanks

'Hoo Recruit

Re: Disposable address base name changed by itself, and now emails not going thru to disposable addr

Hi

Last night my base name changed to the new (after 2004) correct one.  This morning it changed to the wrong old one (from 2004).

Seems some emails got thru.  But sending to myself fails for some disposable addresses.

Rgds
Dave

Official 'Hoo Staff

@D121 We can take a further look. What's the first letter for the basename that you want to keep? You can have only one active basename. 

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

'Hoo Recruit

Hi. 

I want to keep the one I have used always, beginning with "r".

Thanks

Official 'Hoo Staff

@D121

I went ahead and got this up to our engineering team for you.

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda