cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Deleted e-mail account..??

Pro 'Hoo

Deleted e-mail account..??

My e-mail account has been deleted. Anybody else?

17 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Deleted e-mail account..??

@Vodidly

Why do you say it's been deleted? When was the last time you were able to access it?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

The last time I accessed my e-mail was sometime early December. I have no idea what happened or why it dissappeared. I called Yahoo and they gave me a reference number but they seemed to not care so I have opened a new account/e-mail and have carried on. I don't understand what happened, I just know that I tried to log in one day and couldn't. I hope I have not been hacked or something like that.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Vodidly

What happens when you try to log into it?

Pro 'Hoo

I get a message that Yahoo does not "reckognise this account."

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Vodidly

Yahoo will only deactivate accounts for inactivity, or for violations of our Terms (sending spam, phishing, etc.). Could it be possible that you're using the wrong username?

Pro 'Hoo

I have no idea.!! I am not going to read the monotanous, ambiguous, rules and regulations to try to find out an infraction that I have commited. I used to participate in the "Answers" program but I have stopped. Several people cursing and being rude. I was not.!! I can only guess that if I have commtted an infraction of rules, it would have been there. I am respectful with all that I do but, will get back at someone who dissrespects me. I received no warning, just a message that Yahoo does "not recognize this e-mail" when trying to log in.

Pro 'Hoo

I have had this e-mail for over 15 years.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Vodidly

If you send an email from your current account to itself with the name of the other email address in question, I can check it out from there. The security filters on the forums keep you from posting email addresses here.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Vodidly

Generally speaking if you're seeing the message "Email not recognized" that would mean that Yahoo found no active account matching the information you entered.  That would mean either you made a mistake entering your email address or your email address has been disabled or deactivated.  Have you sent an email to that email address?  Did you get a bounce back message saying that email can't be delivered?

You mentioned accessing this account in early December, was that December 2018 or some other year?

Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for the account to remain active.  Otherwise the account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Unfortunately if the account has been disabled or deactivated due to a TOS violation there's not going to be a way to recover this account.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.