cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Delay in receiving emails

Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Delay in receiving emails

Hello, 

I'm having long delays in receiving email on my second yahoo mail account.

I have 2 yahoo mail accounts, the first one works fine, but the second causes problems.

I'm receiving emails with 5-24 hours delay or more.

I've created a gmail account and I set my yahoo to reroute (of forward) every email to the gmail account. Incredibly, I receive the forwarded emails in the gmail account in time, but they show up in my yahoo account after a few hours or the next day.

I use the web to check my emails (mail.yahoo.com in web browser) and the yahoo app from Play Store (I have android).

Please help me resolve this problem, and please excuse any mistakes - English is not my native language. 

3 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Delay in receiving emails

@mihailelea

Is the second account linked to the first one? If so, if you log into the second account directly, do the emails show up on time?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
New 'Hoo

Yes, the second is linked to the first one, but even if I log on directly to the account, the emails don't show up in time.
Maybe if I try to unlink the account? Haven't try this. Do you think I should?
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@mihailelea1

You can try unlinking and relinking the account and see if it helps. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.