cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Can't receive an email for some reason

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Can't receive an email for some reason

For some reason, I cannot receive an email. I know I gave the sender the correct email address. I called the sender and told them that I wasn't receiving it and they said that their computer was acting funny and that it could be the server. I gave them my gmail address and haven't received it there either. Keep in mind this is a school affiliated email address I'd be receiving from and I have had problems in the past receiving and sending things from my Yahoo email to former school email and vice versa. This is an important email and I'm getting upset that I can't seem to find a solution to this. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Can't receive an email for some reason

Greetings @justinw414

If you're not getting emails from this school on either a Yahoo address or a Gmail address then the issue is going to be with the sender.  Since you said you tried to send an email to your school email address and you didn't get it then that makes me believe even stronger that this is something to do with the sender.  You will need to contact them by phone and let them know you're not receiving these emails so they can investigate further.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Pro 'Hoo

The email did eventually send overnight, thankfully! Thank you all for helping still! 

5 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

Although many users have been having problems with iOS and Android devices, if you didn't get the email on your Gmail account, it's something on the sender's side. Do they use Yahoo?

Pro 'Hoo

No they are using a school email address.

Pro 'Hoo

To add more detail, not only would they be using a school address, but Outlook as well if I am correct. And the domain is .org , ex: *****@*****.org  I have gotten other emails today in Yahoo, but can't seem to receive this one. As I said in the other post, they said their computer was acting funny and that it could be issues with the server. I remember the school district server would often go down after storms like we had recently in my area. But regardless of that, when I tried to send something from my Yahoo account to my former school email (same format as above), it would not seem to send. I have been checking my email all day hoping it would magically show up, but it hasn't. Can anyone come up with some sort of solution. I tried to use the quick fix tool, but have heard nothing back. I asked them to send the email to my Gmail account, but it's still not there either, so I don't know if it's my email accounts or something with the server.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @justinw414

If you're not getting emails from this school on either a Yahoo address or a Gmail address then the issue is going to be with the sender.  Since you said you tried to send an email to your school email address and you didn't get it then that makes me believe even stronger that this is something to do with the sender.  You will need to contact them by phone and let them know you're not receiving these emails so they can investigate further.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Pro 'Hoo

The email did eventually send overnight, thankfully! Thank you all for helping still!