cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Account temporarily suspended

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Account temporarily suspended

I need help please. We run our business from a Yahoo email address but our customers have reported that when they try and contact us it says that our account has been temporarily suspended. This has been happening on and off for about 3 days now and it is quite frankly getting really frustrating  as we have lost quite a few orders because of this. What can we do please? Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Moderatin' 'Hoo

Re: Account temporarily suspended

@damamajo561331

I ran some maintenance on your account. Unfortunately, you will need to wait for the system to reset itself.

Mail Pro All-star

@damamajo561331

Even though many people use the free Yahoo account for business Yahoo does not want you to. They have added an indemnify clause to their terms to protect them against any problems you have. If due to Yahoo mail problems you lose business Yahoo has no responsibility.

Yahoo scans accounts and can lock ones that it finds are being used for spam. If there is no age the account is treated as belonging to an underage person and is deleted.

If you are running a business professionally you should get a business account. I would not trust a business that is using free email. That is what scammers use. You can get a business website and email for about $10 a month from various companies.

According to the terms of service it actually seems that Yahoo does not allow an account to be used for non personal use.
"Software License. Subject to your continuing compliance with these Terms, Oath grants you a personal, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable, and non-exclusive license to use the software and APIs provided to you by Oath as part of the Services."

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
6 REPLIES
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@damamajo561331

I ran some maintenance on your account. Unfortunately, you will need to wait for the system to reset itself.

Mail Pro All-star

@damamajo561331

Even though many people use the free Yahoo account for business Yahoo does not want you to. They have added an indemnify clause to their terms to protect them against any problems you have. If due to Yahoo mail problems you lose business Yahoo has no responsibility.

Yahoo scans accounts and can lock ones that it finds are being used for spam. If there is no age the account is treated as belonging to an underage person and is deleted.

If you are running a business professionally you should get a business account. I would not trust a business that is using free email. That is what scammers use. You can get a business website and email for about $10 a month from various companies.

According to the terms of service it actually seems that Yahoo does not allow an account to be used for non personal use.
"Software License. Subject to your continuing compliance with these Terms, Oath grants you a personal, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable, and non-exclusive license to use the software and APIs provided to you by Oath as part of the Services."

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
New 'Hoo

Thank you

'Hoo Recruit

my account is suspended by yahoo team as i only mailed to a university but mistakenly they suspended it so how to recover it..

email id not recognized is showing

'Hoo Recruit

please review my 2 email id that is suspended mistakenly i only mailed to a university for postgraduate admissions email  ids are

**Username Protected**@yahoo.com

**Username Protected**@yahoo.com

Official 'Hoo Staff

@asim333

We're currently experiencing an issue where email accounts aren't being recognized when signing in. Our team is aware of it and we're working on a fix.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare