cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Able to send but not receive emails

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Able to send but not receive emails

I am not receiving mail in my **Username Protected**@yahoo.com account, but I can receive mail sent from this account in my other account -  **Username Protected**@yahoo.com . Can someone help me figure out what is going on? Thanks, -Tom.

9 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Able to send but not receive emails

@rileyannesdad

Are you signed into the account in question? Do people get any error messages when sending email to you?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

I just got a couple emails in the account. But it seems that any emails sent in the last 7 hours went elsewhere? I had sent a couple test emails that do not appear in the account's inbox - "ourpassthyme". I have been signed in during that time. -Tom

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rileyannesdad

Ok, so you might see some delays on emails sent to that account, since it takes time to sync and you aren't accessing it directly. Speaking of which, if you log into that other account directly, do you notice the emails coming in quicker?

Pro 'Hoo

Thank you so much for taking the time to help with this, Scootermobile.

I actually thought of that too. I did try logging into just the one account, but nothing came into the account. I logged into my other account in a different browser and tried sending emails and nothing would receive. No errors were sent back, either, as in failures or such. I have been expecting some very important emails in to the account, and I have sent a couple test emails there that did not ever show up. Will they eventually come in or is there a way for Yahoo to resend mail? -Tom

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rileyannesdad

Have other messages besides the two test emails show in that account? If you never got a failure notice for them, it's possible they're still delayed or queued on the server.

Pro 'Hoo

I have received just a few emails, oddly no filtered spam has come in. It seems as though I am not getting all my email. I can send an email to the other account from the problem account and the email shows up instantly in the good account. I sent one to the problem account 10 minutes ago, and still have not seen it come in. Seems to be more than a delay issue.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rileyannesdad

If you log into the other account directly, is there a delay?

Pro 'Hoo

Yes. The email "traveled" for 20 minutes. But a few more current emails came in. Nothing from the 7 hour period, yet... I really appreciate your help with this. -Tom

Official 'Hoo Staff

@rileyannesdad

If you ever want to see if an email was delayed in transit or just delayed in appearing, you can check the headers. You can use this header analyzer if needed.