cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Finance App Home Screen "Unexpected error"

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Finance App Home Screen "Unexpected error"

Hi,

I am running Yahoo Finance App version 5.3.0***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***) on Andriod 8.0.0.

Since last week, the summary information of all My Portfolios (10 of them) is not showing on the Home screen. This include the total Market Value, Day Gain and Total Gain of all tracked portfolios.

Whenever Home screen is launched from app launching or back from New, Markets, Explore or any My Portfolio an error message "Unexpected error.  Please try again." prompted for about 22 seconds.

Please help to rectifiy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Finance App Home Screen "Unexpected error"

If the problem continues please contact us by emailing us at finance.support@oath.com so we can gather more specific information. Thank you!

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
13 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @R218 - We have seen this issue with some customers after upgrading to the newest app version.  Uninstalling/reinstalling the app, should clear the error message. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Same issue..I have deleted app n reinstalled 3 times . I have cleared cache etc .my app is not working .I have given up
'Hoo Recruit

This does not work
Administratin' 'Hoo

If the problem continues please contact us by emailing us at finance.support@oath.com so we can gather more specific information. Thank you!

'Hoo Recruit

Yeah, I did the uninstall. Restart the phone. Install again. It did not solved the problem.
'Hoo Recruit

As advised by administrator Nixon to email **Username Protected**@oath.com. Here is the response...

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to Yahoo Finance. My name is Tim from Buffalo, I understand you are having trouble using the Yahoo Finance app for Android. I will be happy to help you with this. 

If your Yahoo app isn't working on your Android device, these troubleshooting tips can help you solve the problem and get it working again.

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN14699&locale=en_US&y=PROD_FIN_ANDROID

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. 

Best, 
Timothy 
Yahoo Customer Care

The link is some generic help tip.  It did not help.  This is going around in circle.

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @R218 - please reply to the message and let them know you have already tried the troubleshooting.

'Hoo Recruit

I did that. Waiting for response.
Thanks
New 'Hoo

T r look thanks