cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

"Sorry, we don't recognize that email address or phone number"

New 'Hoo

"Sorry, we don't recognize that email address or phone number"

My other email has recently been disabled or deactivated without my knowledge after trying to log-in thru mobile. It was always active as it was logged in whenever I use a browser. My other email is **Username Protected**@yahoo.com and I use it for my Instagram account (it's supposed to mean Mike's cam in relation to my email and not something like mike scam) and other uses. How to recover it?
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: "Sorry, we don't recognize that email address or phone number"

Hello @dos_and_dohs02

Reasons Yahoo deactivates or deletes an account

Depending on your account's history, it's possible for it to be removed from Yahoo and become inaccessible. You can always sign up for a new Yahoo account, just keep in mind that your old Yahoo ID may not be available for you to use. These actions can result in an account being deleted:

Confirm if your account is deleted - Use the Sign-in Helper. If your account doesn't exist anymore, you'll get a prompt indicating that it's been deactivated or that you can't reset your password online.

Still can't get signed in? If you're unable to use the Sign-in Helper to get into your account, because your recovery info is wrong or inaccessible, you won't be able to regain access to your account again. You're always welcome to sign up for a new account, but just make sure to keep your new account's recovery info up-to-date.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
New 'Hoo

Re: "Sorry, we don't recognize that email address or phone number"

Judging by your reply, at least it wasn't because of how Yahoo finds my username/email suspicious as mentioned earlier, or so I hope that it really wasn't that. And if it is due to any violation to the terms of service, I don't think I will set up another Yahoo email soon as a result. As feedback, I don't find Yahoo anything that's viable anymore especially whatever was updated in their term of service.