Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

password recovery

Highlighted
New 'Hoo

password recovery

I AM AT MY WITS END!!!!!!

I HAVE HAD TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT TO SEND THIS MESSAGE .

I HAVE AN EXISTING YAHOO EMAIL ACCOUNT BUT UNFORTUNATELY I CANNOT REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE RECOVERY PROCESS BUT HOWEVER THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEE IS YAHOO SENDING ME AN ACTIVATION CODE TO AN EMAIL THAT DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE AND MY PHONE NUMBER IS NOT RECOGNISED.

FORTUNATELY I CAN ACCESS MY EXISTING EMAIL  VIA ONE DEVICE IPAD BUT THE PASSWORD IS ENCRYPTED.

HOW CAN I SPEAK TO TECHNICAL SUPPORT..

3 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Re: password recovery

I have the same problem. I feel your pain!

Mail Pro All-Star

Greetings sparkyblue

Yahoo customer service phone number - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/yahoo-support-number-sln27069.html

For their free accounts Yahoo currently provides no direct customer support via phone or email.  Support by live chat and by support ticket  is available but is quite limited in the scope of the issues it can address.  You can see what support options are available for your issue by following these steps

Start here at Help for Yahoo Account - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account
    Scroll down the page until you see a "Contact Us" button.
    Click on this to open a page that says "Need assistance with a Yahoo product? Let's see how we can help.".
    Under "Tell us your Yahoo email address and product." you select the product you want help with.  In this case it would be "Account".
    Enter your email address and check "I'm not a robot".  You may be sent to another CAPTCHA page for additional proof.
    Click the "Get started" button
    This opens the "CHOOSE SUPPORT OPTION" page.
    Under "Select from these options" you will find all the support options available to address this issue.

The account recovery process is completely automated.  Yahoo determines you are the rightful owner of the account by sending the account key code message to the verified phone number or email address entered on the Account Security page for this account.  If this information is outdated, was entered incorrectly, or was never set up then it's unlikely you will be able to recover this account.  Since you say the email address is outdated and the phone number is not recognized then I'm afraid you are out of luck. 

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
New 'Hoo

I forgot the password and I do not have an email or phone number because I have not set up the problem that emailed the iceload account on yahoo recorder and the phone could not refresh it.