cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

no longer access to phone got a new phone and number

New 'Hoo

no longer access to phone got a new phone and number

need to take off the old number and replace it with new new number so i can  replace it and  forgot my pass word i went  to reset it but forgot  i dont have that phone any more or the number  so i need help 

4 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: no longer access to phone got a new phone and number

Greetings @bearpaw15

When was the last time you had signed into this account to check your email?  Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for your account to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Once that happens it's unlikely you can recover this account.

If your account is still active and you currently live in the US then you are in luck as this article shows Yahoo recently started offering a Yahoo Account Pro service that offers phone support for a small fee.   

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.

What do I do now I was told I was successfull with my username.

I do not understand what is going on I'd like to get started. I was informed my username was submitted successfullly.

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @Rita_sylversmyt

Not sure what you are asking.

If you have a new phone this may help.

Set up a new phone:
Install the Yahoo Mail app.
Open the app and tap Sign in.
On the sign-in page, enter your username and tap Continue.
View the notification sent to your old phone.
On your new phone, confirm the code and tap Sign in.
Can't access my old phone:
Use a desktop computer to send the Account Key to your alternate email.
Go to the Yahoo sign in page.
Enter your email address | Click Next.
Click I don't have access to this phone and you'll see your alternate email.
If the email is correct, click Yes, send me an Account Key.
If you're not using your old phone again, sign out of the Yahoo app that you were using.
Set up a new phone number:
If you get a new phone number but keep using the same phone, follow the steps below.
Sign in to your Account info page and click your existing number.
Click Add recovery phone number.
Enter your new phone number.
Click Send SMS.
Tap or enter a verification code to confirm.
Click Verify.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".