cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo Mail app on Android 8 has stopped working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Yahoo Mail app on Android 8 has stopped working

Dear Community...

Happy New Year 2019 to all!

My app on Android suddenly stopped working yesterday. Nothing seems to fix it... so I even uninstalled, and then again re-installed the app.

Still, no luck.

I see the Welcome page.. i click on "Sign In With Yahoo"... i can see my account, and I click on it... a small window pops up saying "Initializing Mailbox" with the round time thingy next to it, and it goes round and round and round and ... for about a minute or so ... then nothing happens.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo Mail app on Android 8 has stopped working

Hi, Arthur;

The issue seemed to "fix itself" about 15 minutes ago ... so, not sure what was going on.

But, to answer your question : yes, I could sign in my laptop, no isses.

The problem is now solved... thanks for your response.

Cheers,

K

2 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @kamrank50

Are you able to sign into this account from a laptop or desktop?  Have you installed another email app like the BlueMail app to see if you are able to set up your Yahoo account in that app?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Pro 'Hoo

Hi, Arthur;

The issue seemed to "fix itself" about 15 minutes ago ... so, not sure what was going on.

But, to answer your question : yes, I could sign in my laptop, no isses.

The problem is now solved... thanks for your response.

Cheers,

K