Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Unable to Access Yahoo Account After Delinking ATT Account on ATT site

Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Unable to Access Yahoo Account After Delinking ATT Account on ATT site

What a mess. After following the ATT instructions to delink my Yahoo account from ATT (*URL Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*), I cannot get into my account at Yahoo - or not all the way. When I try to login to Yahoo with my account (not the one used here - more on that later), I get the message: "Could Not Connet. Description: could not connect to the requested server host." And the URL for that page shows that it is stil trying to connect with ATT/SBC (https://edit.client.yahoo.com/sbc/shf/process?.scrumb=GUq2Jkc1ax9&.done=https%3A%2F%2Fus-mg5.mail.ya...).

If I go to the login box again, and click "Trouble signing in?" and enter my recovery email (one of them on the yahoo account, but not my yahoo email), I get routed to the ATT page for forgotten userID / password.

If I try that again and this time enter my yahoo email as the recovery email and click "I dont have access to this email," it will send an Account Key to my cell phone. When I enter in the Account Key, it tells me I am signed in at my yahoo account. When I click Continue I am taken to the Yahoo main page and can see that I am signed in (and when I hover over the mail icon in the upper right corner, I can see my most recent emails). When I click on the mail icon, I am taken to a page that states: "Welcome Back! Continue reactivating your account by contacting customer care." When I go to the customer care page, there are no useful suggestions, no way to contact anyone, and I am seemingly locked out.

Similarly, I had to create a new dummy Yahoo account to even post my questions here - my original account keeps looping with sign-ins that I cant do.

How do I get back into my account? Based on the ATT instructions for delinking my account, I should have been able to sign into Yahoo and click an "Unmerge" button on the lower right corner of the page.

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Unable to Access Yahoo Account After Delinking ATT Account on ATT site

Hi @YohaaTrouble, I ran some maintenance on the back-end. It could take 24 hours for all functionality to return but your account should be accessible during that time.

Please let us know if you continue experiencing this issue after that time.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

Thank you so much! The account that was having trouble is **Username Removed**@yahoo.com - not my YohaaTrouble account (which I had to set up to post here). I'll let you know after that time if I can get in! Thank you!

Administratin' 'Hoo

Yes, we know it wasn't with the account you posted here with. We've fixed your other account.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
New 'Hoo

I have the same issue. 

The Yahoo ID that I am locked out of after unmerging from AT&T is noblesita

Would greatly appreciate any help in getting this email back that I have been using for the last 20+ years.