cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Scamed

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Scamed

I just a
Cal***Phone Number Removed - Learn more***..got a guy claiming to be from yahoo. Asked how I could get back into my yahoo leagues(I was locked out because I changed phone #s and o couldn't get my verification code sent to my new code)I was tranfered to Jacob #***Phone Number Removed - Learn more.***..he said my account was hacked by 4 people and I needed to buy a 100 dollar goole play card ..i called back and got his SUPERVISOR AND HE SAID THAT I NEEDED TO GET ANOTHER 300 DOLLAR PLAY CARD AND ALL 4 HACKERS WOULD BE BLOCKED...HE GAVE ME HIS YAHOO IS. HE EMAILED ME A MESSAGE FROM "YAHOO" SAYING THAT 400 WOULD BE PUT BACK IN MY ACCT!!!!I CAN'T CONTACT YAHOO YO VERIFY ANY OF THIS!!!!HELP ANYONE!!@@
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Scamed

Greetings @tcotroneo1946

Get help from Yahoo customer support - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/yahoo-support-number-sln27069.html

Identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN2092.html?impressions=true

I can verify this is a scam.  Firstly Yahoo has no published Yahoo Customer Service number so any number you find online is a scam and anyone that might call you saying they work for Yahoo is just looking to scam you.    Your next clue is they are asking for payment in Google Play Cards.  If you had paid by credit card you could at least contact them to dispute the charge but since you were ask to pay by Google Play card you would need to contact them to see what assistance they can offer.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
5 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @tcotroneo1946

Get help from Yahoo customer support - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/yahoo-support-number-sln27069.html

Identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN2092.html?impressions=true

I can verify this is a scam.  Firstly Yahoo has no published Yahoo Customer Service number so any number you find online is a scam and anyone that might call you saying they work for Yahoo is just looking to scam you.    Your next clue is they are asking for payment in Google Play Cards.  If you had paid by credit card you could at least contact them to dispute the charge but since you were ask to pay by Google Play card you would need to contact them to see what assistance they can offer.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanx...my real question is...o changed phone carriers and of course my phone #changed. I tried to get into my yahoo fantasy app and it asked me for 2 missing #s from my old phone #....obviously I can't receive. The verification code....lm in a league tonite and can't get in..i tried to reach customer support .Thats,how i got scammed. Can you tjonk of any other way I could get this right by 830 tonite...im desperate. Thanx tony
'Hoo Recruit

Thanx.van you help me...? I'm in a league at 830 tonite and because I changed phone # to at&t I can't get into my league. The app asks for my email(no problem)but then it wants to send 2.missing digits to my old phone #.... I know them but there is no way to retrieve the verification code....help!!! Thanx tony
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @tcotroneo1946

Being that I don't know anything about the fantasy leagues, I'm assuming you are meaning a football league, the only thing I could do is pass along this link for help.  You can also check here for more help.  If your phone number was the only account recovery option you had listed then it's likely you will not be able to recover this account.

Sports Pro All-star

@tcotroneo1946

Create or use a different account.  Contact the league commish and give them your new/alternate email address.

The commish can do a Transfer Team to your new email address and you can be back in the league and functioning.

Your old account is history as far as being able to use it for fantasy sports.