cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Reset email won't send.

Reset email won't send.

When I try to sign in it tells me I either need to receive a code via text (on a number I don't have anymore), or reset my password via my current email, but when I tell it to send me the email I never receive it. Different browsers, cleard cookies, nothing is working. Unless I get into my old email I'll be locked out of my Reddit account.

2 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Reset email won't send.

Greetings @Alexander_Ignis

When was the last time you had signed into this old account to check your email?  Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for your account to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Once that happens it's unlikely you can recover this account.

A common reason for not receivng the password reset email is that the recovery email address was entered incorrectly and never verified.

If your old account is still active and you currently live in the US then you are in luck as this article shows Yahoo recently started offering a Yahoo Account Pro service that offers phone support for a small fee.   

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Reset email won't send.

Hello @Alexander_Ignis

Start here.  https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/fix-problems-signing-yahoo-account-sln2051.html?impressions=true

After using the sign-in helper and still can not get in, this applies.

Still can't get signed in? If you're unable to use the Sign-in Helper to get into your account, because your recovery info is wrong or inaccessible, you won't be able to regain access to your account again. You're always welcome to sign up for a new account, but just make sure to keep your new account's recovery info up-to-date.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".