cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Problems with .com and .gr

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Problems with .com and .gr

I have made **Username Protected**@yahoo.gr account a few years back, then later on I made a **Username Protected**@yahoo.com account with the same name.

I recently tried to connect to my **Username Protected**@yahoo.gr and noticed that yahoo would recognize them as the same, even if I tried to recover my .gr it would lead me to my .com account. 

Anyone know how to fix this? It's quite an emergency at the moment

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Problems with .com and .gr

@applesiskey1234

International accounts are no longer issued. All accounts end in yahoo.com. Any time you try to do anything with the old account other than send and receive email you will have that problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is Wednesday, January 9, 2019 and the time is 11:14 am PST.
In 22 days (January 31. 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @applesiskey1234

When was the last time you had signed into the Yahoo.gr account to check your email?  Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for your account to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Once that happens it's unlikely you can recover this account.

I may be mistaken but I get the impression you haven't used the Yahoo.gr account in quite some time.

In 2016 Yahoo stopped allowing the creation of domain-specific email address such as Yahoo.cr, all new email address will use the Yahoo.com domain.  That includes new disposable email addresses.  One change this allowed is allowing you to sign into your account using just your account ID and ignoring the domain you use.  Another change is it's no longer possible to have both a Yahoo.gr and a Yahoo.com account using the same account ID active at the same time.

Have you checked what email addresses are associated with this account?  Here's how to do that.

If you are using the New Mail:

Click on "Settings"
    Click on "More Settings"
    Click on "Mailboxes"
    To the right you will see "Mailbox List"
    The first email address listed is your primary email address.

If you see the Yahoo.com account then there is going to be no way to receive emails being sent to the Yahoo.gr account.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
6 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

@applesiskey1234

International accounts are no longer issued. All accounts end in yahoo.com. Any time you try to do anything with the old account other than send and receive email you will have that problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is Wednesday, January 9, 2019 and the time is 11:14 am PST.
In 22 days (January 31. 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
'Hoo Recruit

In other words I'm completly **bleep**ed 

Mail Pro All-star

@applesiskey1234

As indicated this is my opinion. If I am wrong a staff member may also answer. I would not worry about any old international addresses and get a new account if necessary.

Mail Pro All-star

When was the last time you had signed into the Yahoo.gr account to check your email?  Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for your account to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Once that happens it's unlikely you can recover this account.

I may be mistaken but I get the impression you haven't used the Yahoo.gr account in quite some time.

In 2016 Yahoo stopped allowing the creation of domain-specific email address such as Yahoo.cr, all new email address will use the Yahoo.com domain.  That includes new disposable email addresses.  One change this allowed is allowing you to sign into your account using just your account ID and ignoring the domain you use.  Another change is it's no longer possible to have both a Yahoo.gr and a Yahoo.com account using the same account ID active at the same time.

Have you checked what email addresses are associated with this account?  Here's how to do that.

If you are using the New Mail:

Click on "Settings"
    Click on "More Settings"
    Click on "Mailboxes"
    To the right you will see "Mailbox List"
    The first email address listed is your primary email address.

If you see the Yahoo.com account then there is going to be no way to receive emails being sent to the Yahoo.gr account.

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

The problem is quite big because I have a very humiliating picture and my name on a twitter account that is connected to that email which I cannot reach therefore I cannot connect to my twitter to remove them, after all it's been 3 years.

Mail Pro All-star

Sounds like you need to contact Twitter and discuss this matter with them.