cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Imposible to Recover my account.

New 'Hoo

Imposible to Recover my account.

Hello. I just want to know if i can recover my other account because i had it from 2005 or similar and suddenly couldnt log in because i factory reseted my phone when i change it. And when i tryed to recover i had an alternative email that is not longer existent and couldnt recover it. Phone number it doesnt show even thou i know i had one. Secret question same as the number. Can not be inactive because i was using it moat of the times. Thanks
3 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Imposible to Recover my account.

Greetings @Thug-Life

When was the last time you had signed into this account to check your email?  When did you factory reset your phone?  Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for your account to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Once that happens it's unlikely you can recover this account.

If your account is still active and you currently live in the US then you are in luck as this article shows Yahoo recently started offering a Yahoo Account Pro service that offers phone support for a small fee.   

Yahoo moved away for using security questions in 2014 and no longer uses them as the primary means to recover your account.  The automated account recovery system chooses the best recovery method available for your account.  If you are given the option to answer then that would mean the system found no other account recovery options registered for this account.  The answers you enter must match EXACTLY to what is registered to this account.  You will know the answer is correct when you see the word "Correct" in green at the end of your question.  

Yahoo moved to using the email address and phone number entered into the Account Security page as the primary means to verify you are the rightful owner of this account.  Yahoo sent an email to all account holders in 2016 informing them of this change and included instructions on how to check if you still had security questions attached to your account and how to delete them.  For those that had never set up a recovery email address or recovery phone number they provided instructions on how to add this information to your Account security page.  For those that already had this information set up they ask that you verify that you could receive the account key code messages using the information listed as it is the ONLY way you will be able to recover your account.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

Bassicaly is no more than a year is just last summer, but since then i change my phone number to a contract one and lost the other one and alternative email it doesnt work because the email provider shut down the email service, beeing an old account back in the past they were more noname provider then now.

Mail Pro All-star

Hello @Thug-Life

Questions for recovery were removed in 2014.

Security questions are no longer used for verification. Delete them if they haven't been removed automatically. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/delete-havent-removed-automatically-sln4842.html

We take your account's privacy and security very seriously, and we'll only let you reclaim an account if you can prove you're the rightful owner.

When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

To get in to your account you need to use the sign-in helper at https://login.yahoo.com/forgot?lang=en-US which will send a code to the recovery phone or email that only you have access to. If you don't have access to recovery you can't recover.

It is an automated system, if you don't have the needed tools no one can help you.

Make a new account and be sure your keep recovery up to date to avoid problems like this in the future. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/create-yahoo-account-sln2056.html

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".