cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

I know my password but i can't acces my account because my phone had a melt down

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

I know my password but i can't acces my account because my phone had a melt down

By no fault of my own my phone battery overheated causing burns to my hands and internal parts of my phone to melt which made it unusable. Needless to say I know the phone number but cannot access it to get the code. I also know my password but do not get the option to use it. I would appreciate those of you so called professionals out there calling people names and telling others they are stupid for not taking cre of their account to stay off of my thread!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: I know my password but i can't acces my account because my phone had a melt down

Greetings @Stephy07

If your account is still active and you currently live in the US then you are in luck as this article shows Yahoo recently started offering a Yahoo Account Pro service that offers phone support for a small fee.   

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
4 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: I know my password but i can't acces my account because my phone had a melt down

Greetings @Stephy07

If your account is still active and you currently live in the US then you are in luck as this article shows Yahoo recently started offering a Yahoo Account Pro service that offers phone support for a small fee.   

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Mail Pro All-star

@Stephy07

Have you lost or replaced your phone and the number is no longer available?
Did you forget your password?
Are you getting a message that the account is not there when trying to sign in?
Did a hacker change all recovery information?

You can only regain use of your account if there is a current recovery email or phone even if a hacker changed it. You must have a recovery email or phone. If you only have one and can't use it there is no other method other than what the next paragraph indicates.

There is a new paid service called Yahoo Account Pro. It is possible that they can be of help but there is no guarantee that paying for the service will solve your problem. There is no other paid service. This is only available in the US.

Security questions were eliminated many years ago and are only used for old accounts where there is no recovery email or phone. You can remove them now under account security. They may have already been removed. For details CLICK HERE.

If the account was closed for non use for a year or for TOS violations such as being underage in your country it can't be recovered. You will see a message that the account is not there.

To recover an account or to get a list of accounts associated with a recovery phone number or email address CLICK HERE.

Do not use this method to just change your password if you know the old one. Just go to Account Security under Account Info or CLICK HERE.

For more details CLICK HERE.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 25 days (January 31, 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Mail Pro All-star

Hello @Stephy07

Please read the guidelines for using the Yahoo Help Community, found at https://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_guidelines

One of the first rules is this:

Be courteous.

Yahoo Answers is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

"I would appreciate those of you so called professionals out there calling people names and telling others they are stupid for not taking care of their account to stay off of my thread!" is not appropriate.

Thanks.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
'Hoo Recruit

Thanks, this is what I assumed I would have to do. Just hoped for an easier solution. Thank you again.