cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

I accidently deleted my yahoo email password... is it possible to recover? Please help.

New 'Hoo

I accidently deleted my yahoo email password... is it possible to recover? Please help.

I made the mistake of deleting my yahoo email password and now I cannot get back into my account -- I don't know if there is anything I can do to enable me to recover a deleted password.  What can I do?  Please help.

3 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: I accidently deleted my yahoo email password... is it possible to recover? Please help.

Greetings @nomir39

Change your Yahoo password or reset a forgotten password - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN2035.html?impressions=true

If your account is still active and you currently live in the US then you are in luck as this article shows Yahoo recently started offering a Yahoo Account Pro service that offers phone support for a small fee.   

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: I accidently deleted my yahoo email password... is it possible to recover? Please help.

@nomir39

What do you mean by "deleted" it. An account has a password and it can not be deleted, only changed. If you have just deleted the stored password that is filled into the sign in page just reenter it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 25 days (January 31, 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Mail Pro All-star

Hello @nomir39

If it not possible to delete your password.  You can remove a saved password from a browser but it remains on Yahoo.

If your remember your password just sign-in (http://www.yahoo.com/mail) and enter it when prompted.  Chances are the browser will give you the option to save it.

If you do not remember it, do this:

Reset a forgotten password

1. Go to the Sign-in Helper.
  2. Enter one of the account recovery items listed.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Follow the instructions given in the Sign-in Helper.

If you have other questions feel free to post again.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".