cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Forgot password, unable to recover id

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Forgot password, unable to recover id

I have another email id in yahoo as '**Username Protected**@yahoo.co.in'
I have forgotten the password as well as the answer to the security questions.
The recovery mail and phone number is also not active anymore.
What do I do now?
That id is very imp for me. Please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-Star

Re: Forgot password, unable to recover id

Greetings  Rose87

Yahoo no longer uses secret question and answers as the primary means to recover your account.  By the end of the year (2017) this option will be removed entirely.  The automated account recovery system chooses the best recovery method available for your account.  If you are given the option to answer them that would mean the system found no other account recovery options registered for this account.  The answers you enter must match EXACTLY to what is registered to this account.  You will know the answer is correct when you see the word "Correct" in green at the end of your question.  

Yahoo moved to using the email address and phone number entered into the Account Security page as the primary means to verify you are the rightful owner of this account.  Yahoo sent an email to all account holders a year ago  informing them of this change and included instructions on how to check if you still had secret questions attached to your account and how to delete those questions.  They also ask that you add a recovery phone number and recovery email address to the Account Security page, if you had not already done this, and to go through the verification process to make sure you could receive the account key code messages.

Since you say the recovery email and recovery phone number are no longer avaialbe there will be no way to recover this account.  Since this is a domain-specific email address it will not be recycled for reuse as all new Yahoo email addresses end in Yahoo.com.

Domain extensions in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN2153.html?impressions=true

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
3 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-Star

Greetings  Rose87

Yahoo no longer uses secret question and answers as the primary means to recover your account.  By the end of the year (2017) this option will be removed entirely.  The automated account recovery system chooses the best recovery method available for your account.  If you are given the option to answer them that would mean the system found no other account recovery options registered for this account.  The answers you enter must match EXACTLY to what is registered to this account.  You will know the answer is correct when you see the word "Correct" in green at the end of your question.  

Yahoo moved to using the email address and phone number entered into the Account Security page as the primary means to verify you are the rightful owner of this account.  Yahoo sent an email to all account holders a year ago  informing them of this change and included instructions on how to check if you still had secret questions attached to your account and how to delete those questions.  They also ask that you add a recovery phone number and recovery email address to the Account Security page, if you had not already done this, and to go through the verification process to make sure you could receive the account key code messages.

Since you say the recovery email and recovery phone number are no longer avaialbe there will be no way to recover this account.  Since this is a domain-specific email address it will not be recycled for reuse as all new Yahoo email addresses end in Yahoo.com.

Domain extensions in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/SLN2153.html?impressions=true

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
New 'Hoo

Thank you for the response .... I must have overlooked the mail by yahoo and didnt update with other recovery options
New 'Hoo

i forgot my password